Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to fix this photo?

• 13-03-2021 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

I have a family photo of a previous holiday. My grandad is in it and he is nearing end of life at the moment. It's a physical photo. I dont know how this has happened but I found the photo again and it has been scratched badly. It's actually only me and my coat, but I had planned to get this photo made into a canvas. Does anyone know if it is possible to fix this?

Oh I was trying to attach a photo of the damaged section but it's not giving me an option to add an image on my phone :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭vandriver

Upload it to imgur.com and post the link here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

vandriver wrote: »
    Upload it to imgur.com and post the link here.

https://ibb.co/RybTzCq

I think it let me attach an image in subsequent posts but just not the first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Someone could scan it and fix in Photoshop. Shouldn't be too tricky as it's mostly the one surface with a single (relatively speaking) colour?

mordeith wrote: »
    Someone could scan it and fix in Photoshop. Shouldn't be too tricky as it's mostly the one surface with a single (relatively speaking) colour?

Yes it's mostly just the purple colour, thankfully half my face wasn't ripped off 😆 I was gutted when I found it, I'm not sure how it happened at all.

Do you know who or where someone might take a look at it for me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

If you can scan the image with the highest ppi/quality as possible, it should be an easy enough fix in photoshop.

I’ve seen folks post images in twitter and Imgur and usually someone is kind enough to help them out. Maybe there’s a graphic designer or someone competent in photoshop that could help here

-=al=- wrote: »
    If you can scan the image with the highest ppi/quality as possible, it should be an easy enough fix in photoshop.

I’ve seen folks post images in twitter and Imgur and usually someone is kind enough to help them out. Maybe there’s a graphic designer or someone competent in photoshop that could help here

Thank you. How do I scan it with a high ppi? Is my phone good enough or do I need something else? Sorry for the stupidity, I don't have a clue about any of this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

most photo processing shops should be able to scan it. where are you based?

most photo processing shops should be able to scan it. where are you based?

Drogheda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 retoos

Would that have anything to do with your query in common that? https://ibb.co/DR6SmS6

DR6SmS6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

I know someone who can help with this, if OP can PM or post a high quality image.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It doesn't seem to be a difficult repair, if I had a High Resolution File it would only take 5 mins.

To me it looks like the photo has got damp and then stuck to the photo above. When separated the emulsion has come off.

Thanks all. I went to Reddit and asked for help. Someone helped me out and since then my grandad has passed away so I am very grateful for the help. Have ordered a wee canvas so hoping it turns out well on this. Thanks to all :)

Advertisement