Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kitchen presses wrapped

• 26-06-2020 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Ok so seen a kitchen done at a glance,was told it was wrapped,i looked in to a few companys doing it,they asked for pics of kitchen,then gave quotes,has anyone got this done,dies it turn out fine?i have even had one person tell me it was impossible to do and if so it would not last.has anyone had it done,anyhow cheers in advance for any input

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Are you talking about having a kitchen wrapped or a kitchen unwrapped then sprayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

dok_golf wrote: »
    Are you talking about having a kitchen wrapped or a kitchen unwrapped then sprayed?

Ok well i was thing of getting them wrapped,i got quotes from 2 places,i think they just wrap over the whats there?but since today a few people have cast some shadows over the wrapping side of things?my presses as is are a gloss finish as is,and seemed like they had no problem wrapping over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Your existing kitchen is solid wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Looks like you mean wrapping the doors in vinyl?

Looks like you mean wrapping the doors in vinyl?

@dok_golf no my kitchen has a gloss finish on it... and shamNNspace yeah sorry getting wrapped in a vinyl cover,now again this all looks fine,but??is it a good way to go

• Advertisement

lolokeogh wrote: »
    @dok_golf no my kitchen has a gloss finish on it... and shamNNspace yeah sorry getting wrapped in a vinyl cover,now again this all looks fine,but??is it a good way to go

Is this a new thing getting old doors wrapped in vinyl? I'm a carpenter /joiner myself and I've fitted a few kitchens with vinyl wrapped doors. I found some of the vinyl around hobs/ovens/fridges did lift a bit over time, maybe they're better quality now

Is this a new thing getting old doors wrapped in vinyl? I'm a carpenter /joiner myself and I've fitted a few kitchens with vinyl wrapped doors. I found some of the vinyl around hobs/ovens/fridges did lift a bit over time, maybe they're better quality now

yeah so it seems,well if you go by reviews on there FB pages its prity good?price wise its not bad,colour wise anything goes realy with them and the wrap anything that can be wrapped,ive seen wardrobes done aswell,the kitchen i seen was a fantasic colour,infact it looked amazing,but like i said how well does it last?

lolokeogh wrote: »
    yeah so it seems,well if you go by reviews on there FB pages its prity good?price wise its not bad,colour wise anything goes realy with them and the wrap anything that can be wrapped,ive seen wardrobes done aswell,the kitchen i seen was a fantasic colour,infact it looked amazing,but like i said how well does it last?

Would like to have a look at that fb page myself

Had a look there. I understand now how they make paneled doors flat by adding a very thin aliminium type panel to the front of the door. Seems an OK price efficient system to me can't see why it wouldn't last if done well. Its a pity somebody who's had it done wouldn't give their view on how it lasts longterm. I wouldn't discourage you from going for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but what companies did you look at and get quotes from OP?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement