Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Female GP recommendations in D15?

Options
  • 16-05-2021 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

I've been to the Meridian Clinic Ongar a few times when I'd no other option. Awful doctors and dreadful customer service. So...anywhere but there. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I go to Dr Shortall in Riverside in Mulhuddart and she's without a doubt the best gp I've ever had. Not sure if she's taking new patients but she is beyond brilliant. Very understanding and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Caranica wrote: »
    I go to Dr Shortall in Riverside in Mulhuddart and she's without a doubt the best gp I've ever had. Not sure if she's taking new patients but she is beyond brilliant. Very understanding and helpful.

I go to Riverside, though not particularly any doctor. I very rarely go, maybe a few times in the last decade. One of the times I went I got Dr. Shortall. I can't remember much about the appointment now, but I remember coming away being really impressed moreso than any other doctor I'd visited. I mentioned to my mother who also goes to Riverside. As soon as I mentioned the doctor was really good she asked was it Dr. Shortall, I said yes, she said that Doctor was her favourite too, any my sister and brother in laws favourite. I'd never discussed anything like this before and found it very strange we all came to the same opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My wife's Doctor is Nicola Black at Oakwood in Castleknock and Clonsilla. She speaks very highly of her. Again though I don't know if her lists are open for new patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Marion Dyer in Blanchardstown centre is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Another recommendation for Dr Dyer. She is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I WAS under Dr.Shortall and she is as good as people said.

But more and more I got different doctors as she was booked out, like a merry go round of walk in doctors. Got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and the doctor telling me was like someone saying its raining outside, cold isnt the word. There was some nurse who was making a mess of putting a heart monitor on me, ah you might need to come back I cant do this properly

The issue with illegal clamping (something along the lines of someone decided lets put up signs and clamp people, never was clear) pushed me to change(ive come to learn than most healthcare is useless no matter where you go). Then as I was on the way out the attitude from some northern blonde doctor was a disgrace, type 2 diabetic and would I not get a gastric band, solve all issues (her being a size 8 would know all this of course), then ate me cause I said i was leaving

The English nurse who does the bloods was lovely, didn't feel a thing.

The older girl on reception was nice, but then there was some younger one who fitted the blonde stereotype and was hopeless. Thanks to one of them I ended up begging to get an emergency supply of tablets as someone forgot to do up my scripts after I rang them in

The chemist underneath is handy

LONG post, but dont go joining thinking oh shes great and then you're lucky if you ever get her

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭ClubDead

jeffk wrote: »
    I WAS under Dr.Shortall and she is as good as people said.

But more and more I got different doctors as she was booked out, like a merry go round of walk in doctors. Got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and the doctor telling me was like someone saying its raining outside, cold isnt the word. There was some nurse who was making a mess of putting a heart monitor on me, ah you might need to come back I cant do this properly

The issue with illegal clamping (something along the lines of someone decided lets put up signs and clamp people, never was clear) pushed me to change(ive come to learn than most healthcare is useless no matter where you go). Then as I was on the way out the attitude from some northern blonde doctor was a disgrace, type 2 diabetic and would I not get a gastric band, solve all issues (her being a size 8 would know all this of course), then ate me cause I said i was leaving

The English nurse who does the bloods was lovely, didn't feel a thing.

The older girl on reception was nice, but then there was some younger one who fitted the blonde stereotype and was hopeless. Thanks to one of them I ended up begging to get an emergency supply of tablets as someone forgot to do up my scripts after I rang them in

The chemist underneath is handy

LONG post, but dont go joining thinking oh shes great and then you're lucky if you ever get her

That was a dreadful experience! It's good to be aware of the possibility before moving to a new GP. TBH I'd be amazed if any of the above doctors took me on. I dunno if it's because of covid or increased population but they all seem to be full up right now.

ClubDead wrote: »
    That was a dreadful experience! It's good to be aware of the possibility before moving to a new GP. TBH I'd be amazed if any of the above doctors took me on. I dunno if it's because of covid or increased population but they all seem to be full up right now.

Just to give a heads up, I stuck it out as I know healthcare is crap, but didn't need chancing clamping on top of it

I had that when I moved to my doctor now, they where the top of my road, then moved into a new building with a health care centre. Didn't want to take me on, even with my parents there.

To be blunt you may as well just try and get one close, don't want to be in bits and having to travel cause the doctor you may or may not get is good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I had a bad experience with that NI doctor at Riverside too. Thankfully she's no longer there. It was an emergency appointment and I couldn't get Dr Shortall. It was a major health scare and as you say, cold doesn't come close to describing the other one.

Just to give a heads up, I stuck it out as I know healthcare is crap, but didn't need chancing clamping on top of it

I had that when I moved to my doctor now, they where the top of my road, then moved into a new building with a health care centre. Didn't want to take me on, even with my parents there.

To be blunt you may as well just try and get one close, don't want to be in bits and having to travel cause the doctor you may or may not get is good

Foolishly I left a good GP when I moved house. She's now full. My new one is within walking distance. I had an appointment last year with a male doctor who said "I don't treat that many women so I'm not familiar with "women issues" anymore". In 2020 he said those words! Some shocking doctors out there.

• Advertisement

ClubDead wrote: »
    Foolishly I left a good GP when I moved house. She's now full. My new one is within walking distance. I had an appointment last year with a male doctor who said "I don't treat that many women so I'm not familiar with "women issues" anymore". In 2020 he said those words! Some shocking doctors out there.

Hindsight is a great thing, unless see if they have a waiting list for when spaces become available?

That's unreal, a doctor is a doctor, it's no wonder you want to get a female doctor. I hope you put in a compliant?

Hindsight is a great thing, unless see if they have a waiting list for when spaces become available?

That's unreal, a doctor is a doctor, it's no wonder you want to get a female doctor. I hope you put in a compliant?

Unfortunately not. I think I was so dumbstruck by his ignorance. It wasn't until Iater when I'd researched what I thought the problem might be and got a referral to a private hospital...I then thought, wow that was ridiculous. I'm not a good advocate for myself.

Another recommendation for Marion Dyer in Blanch, though I have seen other doctors in the same surgery. Generally they've all been ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Dr. Fiona Belton in the Castleknock Clinic is fantastic.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Dr. Fiona Belton in the Castleknock Clinic is fantastic.

She's my doctor too, highly recommend her. There's also Anne Marie Soden in the same clinic (Castleknock Medical, Auburn Drive) who is lovely too. I know you wanted a female doctor but Dr. John O'Brien Jnr there is great too

Advertisement