Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

returning to the office to work - pregnant

Options
  • 12-05-2021 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi, recently found I am pregnant. Will be 6 weeks Saturday. Will see GP at 7 weeks, I have been working from home since start of pandemic but my workplace is putting pressure on me to return to the office from next week for 2 days a week. Its an office where staff who deal with the public would be in and out of regularly and there is a small staff kitchen, small number of loos for large workplace. I am nervous about returning but feel its too early to tell my manager I am pregnant, whats your thoughts? Are people continue to work from home if possible? I can carry out my work from home so its not completly necessary for me to be in a small office with 5 people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

I wonder could your GP help? Get a letter stating for medical reasons you should remain home for a month or until whatever date you'd would feel comfortable telling you manager? Do you really think you need to be back on site or can you do your work fine from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Itold my line manager off the record before i offically notified the company a few weeks later . So i havent been asked about my return to office plans since
    Many jobs pregnant women are told work from home, teachers, the midwife i met at 1st appointment is now doing work from home doing admin arranging vaccine apt now shes pregnant.
    If you have a reasonable manager it shouldnt be a problem if you can do the job from home

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

I would be inclined to tell your manager but just make it clear that you don't want anyone else to know just yet as its so early.

Advertisement