Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due January 2019

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

hi everyone,

currently 38+3 so uncomfortable and sleep is elusive :(

had appointment last week and baby seems to be in no rush to come out, which tends to be the trend on first babies!

I am hoping that I go myself, before my due date but have mentally prepared myself for going over.

hoping everyone else is getting on ok and looking forward to all of the January babies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

Due date today and not a peep from baby! Ended up in hospital with a very minor bleed last night so back down today for anti D. Everything looks good though with baby so they were happy to leave me be. Registrar was amazed at how low baby is and that after having sweep etc I still haven’t had baby.

I did talk to midwife about what happens with going overdue and she said they will induce on day 11 if nothing happens before then. So at least I have an end in sight now!

Won’t be long before the flood gates open in this group and we have plenty of babies making their arrivals!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭calgary bound

Hi ladies, I have been keeping an eye on this thread but haven't posted yet. I was due baby no.2 on New Years Day but ended up going for an elective c section on 14th Dec when baby was 37 + 3 as I had high bp and wasn't keen on the chances of induction working. Little fella is 3 weeks old and it's just the best feeling in the world. Wishing you all the very best xx

Hi ladies, I have been keeping an eye on this thread but haven't posted yet. I was due baby no.2 on New Years Day but ended up going for an elective c section on 14th Dec when baby was 37 + 3 as I had high bp and wasn't keen on the chances of induction working. Little fella is 3 weeks old and it's just the best feeling in the world. Wishing you all the very best xx

Congratulations on the early Christmas present!

She kept us waiting but Baby Amelia Josephine arrived just after midnight tonight. She’s a bruiser at 9lbs 9oz!! 3 hours from start to finish but she’s doing great.

Ended up having her with just gas and air as I didn’t have time for any other pain relief. Midwife knew it would end up like that but never said anything to me until I was 10cm!!

Ah well, all is good though. Much better experience this time around so a nice lasting memory given she is definitely my last! Can’t stop looking at her.....need to sleep!

Best of luck to everyone else x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭MaryBrosnan

Congratulations natc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 StillN

Congrats Natc and all the other ladies! I am officially 40 weeks tomorrow and longing to look into my babies eyes! Little twinges here and there the past while but nothing major, I don't even think they are Braxton Hicks as I never had them on my first. I don't think head is engaged either as I am managing to walk fine without that feeling of something between my legs lol! But I guess baby has her own agenda! Look forward to hearing from the rest of you and hopefully I'll be able to post some news soon!

hi everyone,

still nothing happening here and 9 days over. had sweep on Thursday but didn't really kickstart anything so in tonight for induction tomorrow. feeling a bit nervous but hoping that the little one makes an appearance before the dreaded oxytocin drip :)

I am relieved to have an end date in sight, feel like I have been pregnant forever

__oc__ wrote: »
    hi everyone,

still nothing happening here and 9 days over. had sweep on Thursday but didn't really kickstart anything so in tonight for induction tomorrow. feeling a bit nervous but hoping that the little one makes an appearance before the dreaded oxytocin drip :)

I am relieved to have an end date in sight, feel like I have been pregnant forever

God I don’t know how your still sane having gone 9 days over...I was losing the will to go on after 4 days! I know induction is not ideal but at least the end is in sight now so just rest as much as you can now because sleep is precious once baby arrives!

I had forgotten just how tiring a newborn can be and coupled with a 4 year old makes for a very tiring experience but as that’s all I have to complain about I’ll count my blessings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 StillN

Hi folks I didn't get to post but our little bundle arrived via section on 23rd Jan she's only gorgeous! Waters broke on the Tuesday night so waited till the following morning to head to the hospital and they gave me till 8.30pm that night for contractions to start themselves. No contractions started but cervix was quite favourable. I'd say had they given me a bit more time things would've kick started. I couldn't be induced due to previous section however had I started having contractions myself they could've augmented with a little oxytocin, but couldn't start me off on it as it might be too much on my body. They were also hesitant to give me more than 24hrs after waters breaking due to having GBS so I was caught that way too. Otherwise we are all doing well! Can't believe it's all over, felt like I had been pregnant forever so it's nice now to fit in normal clothes and not have those pesky pregnancy aches and pains!!!

hi everyone

so our little girl finally arrived in the small hours of the 28th. was quite a difficult labour in the end. induction is not a method I would go down in the future if I had a choice.

she is doing great, eating loads and getting good long sleeps at night, we are blessed so far.

glad to have the labour over now and very glad not to be pregnant, however I do miss the bump and having the constant company :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm so sorry , I just read the entire thread .
    I had a miscarriage before this pregnancy and I know how it feels.
    Wish you all the best
    And sorry again

Advertisement