Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funeral attire

• 23-03-2021 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

i hope this the right forum for this question. I have to attend a Repose service in the funeral home for my mother in law and close family. Is there an expectation to wear a suit and black tie for this? I will obviously be wearing a suit and tie for the funeral and burial, but not sure what the protocol is for the repose!

Comments

I personally would. The black tie may not be necessary, but I would wear a suit at the least. Put it this way, no one will comment or perceive it negatively if you are the only one wearing a suit, but if you are the only one who is not you might get a bit of a look. Sorry for your loss. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If you have a dark suit, and wear one at times, then yes. If you don't own one I would not fret about it, wear something respectful and as formal as you have - you probably have a suitable jacket and trousers. Its very difficult to get clothes at the moment, I don't think anyone is going to take exception if you don't have the formal suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Barney224

Thanks everyone. It all went well and just wore the suit to funeral. It's all a bit surreal with only 10 in church, but was a nice send off all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Larrymedley

hi friend, try to wear formal dressing before going to funeral because with pant coat and tie everyone look decent and respectful. If you want more suggestion check this website .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pedopriest

Any suit is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Anything formal, really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'd say the event is long over.

Advertisement