Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dubai as a single mother

Options
  • 29-11-2020 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello I need advice, I am a primary school teacher who can't get a job in Ireland. I am a single mam with two kids. I am thinking of looking into moving to Dubai. I have a great support network at home.. my parents are brilliant so this is something that is stopping me from moving. Would you recommend a move to Dubai? Is it easy make friends?? Any perks to it??? Is it easy source a school or apartment??? Any major downsides???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The contracts that are being given to teachers after Covid are not half as lucrative as they were this time last year. Housing allowances were a thing but a lot of schools have now removed allowances and are moving teachers in to school accommodation so I would say most schools will be looking for single or childless teachers. Dubai is expensive!!

If you get it right then it's a fun place to live. I'm in Abu Dhabi myself, Dubai wouldn't be for me, but it's a place that's worth trying.

Advertisement