Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy use 13A plug top

Options
  • 25-05-2021 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Folks - I need to replace some 13A domestic plug tops with "easy to use" variety. I have seen these years ago and they had a sturdy loop to aid insertion and removal.

What are they called? Manufacturer's name?

Thank you.

Also posted to Oulwans 'n' Oulfellows forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭10-10-20

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Cpc also has them: https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pe01012/plug-13a-mains-easy-pull/dp/PL13411

If you are buying a few, cpc seems to be cheaper, but you will have to pay shipping.

PS these plugs, (easy-pull), are great especially for folks that now need help in plugging in/out.

PPS: Worth giving any local electrical wholesalers a call. They probably also stock these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

While the argos plug mates are good for pulling out a plug, I wonder if they are of any real use when plugging in a plug. The lenehans and cpc plugs (which no doubt can also be found elsewhere) are a single moulded unit and so are easier to plug in as well. However these options need the plugs to be rewired while there is no wiring needed for the argos plug mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Iderown

Many thanks, men. I will take a photo to the local electrical supplier. We are in Bangor (Down) and my background is electrical engineering - no problem fitting the plugs with correct fuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Just throwing it in here but would smart plugs be an option?
    WiFi, Alexa or app etc.....

You plug in and turn on/off, obviously I understand if plugging in and out for stuff that needs to be moved around then that's no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Some of those remote sockets are not rated above 10A, plus they don't offer the physical isolation which many older people prefer to have by removing plugs from the wall.

Which reminds me, I was once asked how far the modem cable needs to be from the modem to prevent viruses from getting into the PC while people were out of the house...

Advertisement