Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many people completed the last few campaigns?

Options
  • 10-06-2021 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

With the announcement that Battlefield is ditching single player I'm curious to know how many of you care and whether you actually completed the last few single player games. Be honest lol

ETA: Only vote if completed. Just wanna see how many liked the SP enough to stick to the end of the campaign.
    If you didn't complete or didn't touch any then select 'none'. :)

Did you complete the following single player campaigns? 41 votes

Battlefield V
    56% 23 votes
    Battlefield 1
    7% 3 votes
    Battlefield Hardline
    14% 6 votes
    Battlefield 4
    4% 2 votes
    None
    17% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finished them all but under the belief I was unlocking a gun :D

War stories were actually good but no unlock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I played them when EA was down or my internet was down .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Completed 3, 4 and 1, didn't finish it on V

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Completed 3 and 4.
    Half of hardline.
    Most of bf1 and bfv stories.

If bf 2042 turns out to be a great game who cares about the campaign. If its not the best then the lack of campaign is less value for your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Played 3 and 4, they were grand as a sort of poor man's Call of Duty to pass a few hours.

Never played Hardline but genuinely meant to given it was so different than normal BF.

Played some of BF1, was pretty weak so never went back.

Played all of BFV, almost universally terrible.

At no point would I have cared if any of them had a campaign or not.

A lot of people argue that COD doesn't need a single player campaign either but at least they're usually pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

But did you complete them?

I honestly couldn't tell you .

None.

BF3 was the closest I've come but was too engrossed in the MP.

Haven't touched campaign since.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Yeah, I've completed them all.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭NoLuckLarry

Played 3,4 & Hardline in full, a few missions of 1 (found that whole game beyond boring even the MP) but didn't bother at all with V and its woke washing of actual history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Would normally complete them all straight away, to get bit familiar with the guns and suss out if there are any new mechanics in the game etc, then just finish them out in case they unlock medals/achievements/guns, but once they're done, straight to multiplayer and never look back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Played the campaign (plus co-op for the guns) in BF3 and BF4. Didn't really play much at all of BF1 and none of V. Non-modern setting just wasn't for me.

:rolleyes:

Go look up the real story of Nordlys if you want an example ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did you know that an injection or someone pulling you back up would not be enough to bring you back from near death when you've been shot multiple times? Also, did you know that if you die in real life you won't respawn on your mates for additional lives? True story.

Bollox tbh, I watched a youtube video where a WW2 Pilot jumped out of his burning plane with a rocket launcher and hit an attacking enemy plane then jumped back into his not burning anymore plane and fly off.

So go way with your makie uppie stories.

Go educate yourself on youtube or facebook :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bollox tbh, I watched a youtube video where a WW2 Pilot jumped out of his burning plane with a rocket launcher and hit an attacking enemy plane then jumped back into his not burning anymore plane and fly off.

So go way with your makie uppie stories.

Go educate yourself on youtube or facebook :rolleyes:

Not too far off the story of Owen Baggett. Shot a Japanese pilot in the head with his m1911, while he himself was parachuting after being shot down.

wut, that's completely far off :D

Anyway. One thing I'm noticing upon observing the poll is that people seem to prefer an actual full story campaign as opposed to war stories. I guess each war story can be looked at as a mini campaign in itself and so people don't necessarily feel the need to play all of them, especially if they're not compelled by the premise of a story or the mechanics being used or, like one of the posts in this thread demonstrates, turned off by the gender/race of a character due to their own bigoted views.

Yes because wanting a historical event to be accurately depicted and not reimagined through some new age lens is bigotry now. **** out of that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Mod note:

it's time to drop the stuff about the accuracy of the BFV campaign and the motivations of those complaining about it. It's not the topic of this thread, and it's doing nothing but derail the thread and rile people up.

So back to the topic at hand, which is whether anyone bothered with finishing the campaigns at all.

Advertisement