Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies

Options
  • 29-09-2020 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭

527763.jpg

Welcome to Boardsies Greatest Song from the Movies.

We all love good movies, and what can make a movie even better, a good soundtrack or signature song.

So, lets decide what really is the greatest song from the movies.

Your nominations can be songs which...

are played during the movies including opening and closing titles
    appear on the official movie soundtrack album
    have footage of the movie in their official promo video.

Bassically, any song associated with a movie.

Please nominate up to 15 songs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

The whole LOTR soundtrack.

Tournament over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'm definitely in!!

Kolido, will you leave nominations open until early next week? I want to consult my lists but on holidays at the moment and back in Ireland next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Nedington

Time - inception

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Are you looking for songs that were written for a movie or any song that has ever been used in a movie, even if it was written years before the movie was made?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Noms in. All done.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Are nominations here, or via PM?

Are nominations here, or via PM?

with a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,263 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I will get thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I'm definitely in!!

Kolido, will you leave nominations open until early next week? I want to consult my lists but on holidays at the moment and back in Ireland next week :)
    '

Yep will be a few weeks, load of time
    Sawduck wrote: »
    Are you looking for songs that were written for a movie or any song that has ever been used in a movie, even if it was written years before the movie was made?

All of the above.

Great I’m in- will you give me a big obstinate reminder PM if close to cut off day? I’m likely to forget

• Advertisement

How do I narrow down The Greatest Showman soundtrack, I have it on repeat, love Wolverine singing :p

I got to weed out some duplicates but we have over 100 songs so far. I don't plan on running another 300+ this time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Everlong1

I'm a huge fan of David Fincher who's made great use of some class rock tunes that fit the theme of his movies. The end of Fight Club, which features The Pixies "Where Is My Mind" playing as Edward Norton and Helena Bonham Carter stand watching the city explode around them is one. The ending of The Social Network is another - The Beatles Baby, You're a Rich Man playing as Jess Eisenberg's Mark Zuckerberg character sits at his laptop desperately refreshing Facebook in the hope of finding his ex. I'm a big Beatles fan but had never come across that song before.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Everlong1 wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of David Fincher who's made great use of some class rock tunes that fit the theme of his movies. The end of Fight Club, which features The Pixies "Where Is My Mind" playing as Edward Norton and Helena Bonham Carter stand watching the city explode around them is one. The ending of The Social Network is another - The Beatles Baby, You're a Rich Man playing as Jess Eisenberg's Mark Zuckerberg character sits at his laptop desperately refreshing Facebook in the hope of finding his ex. I'm a big Beatles fan but had never come across that song before.

Arse, only realising now I had to PM nominations. Chances are my two tunes were nominated anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Arse, only realising now I had to PM nominations. Chances are my two tunes were nominated anyway.

I got ya on the Pixies

Trent Reznor involved in few Fincher soundtracks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Kolido wrote: »
    So, lets decide what really is the greatest song from the movies.

giphy.gif

Count me in :) ta Kolido !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭littlevillage

15 songs PM'd.

I have made a prediction about what the top 3 will be as well.... (Let's see if I'm clued in... or clueless!!!)

Thanks for the nominations so far. We have already 134 songs. A lot I have never heard and a lot of what I would call obvious missing.

Plenty of time for nominations still.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How do I narrow down The Greatest Showman soundtrack, I have it on repeat, love Wolverine singing :p

Hahahaha, I will share with you Liz!! :)
    I have already decided which song I will select from that soundtrack -
    hint: not one of the Wolverine singing :)

• Advertisement

Is it one nomination per show? also do you rank in order of preference or is it simply number of votes received per song?

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Hahahaha, I will share with you Liz!! :)
    I have already decided which song I will select from that soundtrack -
    hint: not one of the Wolverine singing :)
    This Is Me

PM gone in, I could have submitted 50 not 15 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Like wise getting it down to 15 near (Mission) Impossible :cool:

Anyways to keep it more on theme rather than going for all the great soundtracks
    like Guardians of the Galaxy etc. I tried to stick with the theme songs. So expecting most of them to fall at the first match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I got to weed out some duplicates but we have over 100 songs so far. I don't plan on running another 300+ this time :D

Can we see if there's anyway to allow listening to the nominations without having to rush a vote in? But whatever way you decide to go I'll still be in trying to vote :D

And nominations sent. Indeed it was very difficult to select only 15.
    I left a couple of very obvious choices out (trusting that someone else would nominate them) and I have a couple of rather unknown songs in my nominations that I think they deserve to be heard a bit more.

Thank you very much for organising Kolido. As a big film fan I'm really looking forward to the competition!!

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Can we see if there's anyway to allow listening to the nominations without having to rush a vote in? But whatever way you decide to go I'll still be in trying to vote :D

I will see what can be done, I agree the last contest was very rushed for the qualifiers.

We have now 213 noms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

I will see what can be done, I agree the last contest was very rushed for the qualifiers.

Maybe something like "voting opens in 10/20 mins"?

We have now 213 noms

Could be another record :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

15 more winging their way to you. A few will be duplicates I'm sure, but they had to be included. I threw in a few more leftfield ones too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

We have now 213 noms
    Yeah I missed most of the qualifiers it was so fast, I think some people see a tune they like or one of their noms and vote for it straight away without listening to the others.
    There were lots of good uns that went out without a single vote.

Advertisement