Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp right now 22:41- 19c???

Options
  • 30-10-2011 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

What's going on, it's so warm. Reading 19c here in Dublin.

Went for a walk and it's so horribly mild and dead outside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I'm reading 15 degrees here in Limerick it's very warm for this time of night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I agree, in Carrickmacross it's warmer outside than in at the moment, between high temps and flooding it hard to figure out what's going on at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Just some very mild air pumped up from the far south in a strong southerly airstream, mild for this time of the year but not unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

14.8 here in Naas

I haven't slept properly since March give me some cold weather now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

14.1c here with me atm....Would have been impressed with a night time temp like this during the summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,052 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

17 degrees at Dublin Airport and Casement

oct302011.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

14.1 now in Dublin13

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

how strange :confused: I'm "only" 14.0c about 5km away.

Dublin Airport jumped fell from 18 °C at 22:30 to 15 °C at 23:00.

A big jump up from 13 °C at 20:30.

20:30 13 °C
    21:00 16 °C
    21:30 17 °C
    22:00 17 °C
    22:30 18°C
    23:00
    15 °C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

The city was alive with the sound of lawnmowers and trimmers today. From 8am:rolleyes:.
    I dont remember the grass growing season ever heading into November.

When is it going to stop?:mad: Had to dig the lawnmower out from the back of the shed to cut ours a couple of weeks ago as the garden was rapidly disappearing into a green jungle, looks like I might have to do it again soon.

The apple tree is also still producing apples like its the middle of Summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's the humidity that's going to annoy me :(

Dublin Airport back down to 14 °C at 23:30. The mild tongue has passed on to the northeast.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Not wrote: »
    The city was alive with the sound of lawnmowers and trimmers today. From 8am:rolleyes:.

When is it going to stop?:mad: Had to dig the lawnmower out from the back of the shed to cut ours a couple of weeks ago as the garden was rapidly disappearing into a green jungle, looks like I might have to do it again soon.

yes was trying to convince the OH earlier today that there was still growth there grass wise! down in Kerry atm and my hanging baskets here are still flowering away for themselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Here in the wilds of Donegal it's now 3am and the current temp is 13.5C. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It was very warm last night especially from 9pm onwards, i even cycled around in my t-shirt! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not wrote: »

This is Ireland the grass hardly stops! I cut mine on Friday and if I can get another window of opportunity (ie 3 dry days) I'll do it again. Jan/Feb are the only months when growth slows to nothing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

mike65 wrote: »
    This is Ireland the grass hardly stops! I cut mine on Friday and if I can get another window of opportunity (ie 3 dry days) I'll do it again. Jan/Feb are the only months when growth slows to nothing here.

True,

IIRC from my botany lectures, most of Ireland has at least 300 day long growing season, with the south / south west having the full year with net growth...

Advertisement