Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend pizza in the city

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

I actually hope someone from Dough Bros is reading this as that i a really helpful post when compared to the normal ****e on this forum

Yeah I would only add that I thought they appeared to have had some switch in suppliers or ingredients some-time in the last year or so, which has really had a detrimental impact on their pizza. They used to offer a very rich tomato sauce which really bound the whole pizza together, but subsequently they seem to have opted for some kind of watered down knock off, whilst the quality of some of the meat toppings (particularly chicken) has come down to the standard in the city (which is to say very hit and miss, often close to spoilt and really a shame). Have to give the staff credit though, never seen them break despite them being very busy and never once failed to get a warm welcome there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 FoodLover2020

Would Highly Recommend Mona Lisa, there just a little pricey

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Papa johns

limeleaf in renmore would beat papa John's

dough bros is as tasty and delicious as it's always been IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

What do people here recommend to get at Dough Bros on the pizza? Maybe I need to try it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Wompa1 wrote: »
    What do people here recommend to get at Dough Bros on the pizza? Maybe I need to try it again.

Don't think you can choose, it's just the menu pizzas available isn't it? Ive always found the Caesar one to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 XxCigiXx

molly09 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies......I would like posh enough place as it's for my friends 40th and she loves pizza wine and dessert !!

Mona Lisa do delicious thin based pizzas and have wines and desserts, nice place for a 40th I would say x

• Registered Users Posts: 19 XxCigiXx

Overrated & over hyped imho.

Totally agree, never understood the hype over this place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭Homelander

Dough Bros is really good. Love the Chicken Caesar one, really rich and flavorsome without being at all doughy. Ate the Peter Stinger one recently in O Connell's and it was great too.

Papa John's is OK too but in a different way. They're really generous with the toppings but the bases are extremely doughy and they use mountains of cheese. Depends what you like I suppose.

I also ate a pizza on that bus at the back of Carrolls a while back. That wasn't half bad either, similar to Dough Bros. The dining experience was a novelty but not sure I'd enjoy it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

For what it's worth ... Dough Bros. are hands down the best pizza in town with Woozza on a very close second place - but those have been mentioned a few times in this thread.

What I could not find mentioned is McGinn's Hop House (located in Woodquay)- they actually make a smashing good pizza in their wood fired oven ... and they have fab beers too. I thoroughly recommend this !!

Just my 2 cents worth ... taste is, after all, very individual ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Wompa1 wrote: »

Posh Pepperoni or Hey Pesto (veg)
    (with a roast garlic dip)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭pmason

++++++Pizza di Napoli IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Irish Praetorian

pmason wrote: »
    ++++++Pizza di Napoli IMO

Always found them quite good myself, and often overlooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

Always found them quite good myself, and often overlooked.

Yup, very good with just getting a slice to go, very reasonable.

However, think they close for month of January. They did last year, so if you see it closed don't panic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Is Monroes not good anymore

• Advertisement

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Is Monroes not good anymore

no, they've been using **** bases and ingredients now for years, was the nicest pizzas in town for years, but years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

pure.conya wrote: »
    no, they've been using **** bases and ingredients now for years, was the nicest pizzas in town for years, but years ago

Ya but that was before anywhere did real or good pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

Ya but that was before anywhere did real or good pizza.

Agreed, I used to frequent the place a lot but their standards dipped and far higher standards were set by newcomers. Haven't gone for pizza for a long time now and don't plan on returning either knowing there is much better out there.

If ya want your pints and pizza then go to mcginns or o Connelly's (dough Bros), I haven't tried carrols so cant rate.

Note: Inside dough Bros main restaurant you can get their craft bottled beer there too. Tis grand but mcginns have a bigger craft selection on tap and bottled to suit taste.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Any time I am in the city I always head to Fat Freddy's for pizza. First ate there about 20 years ago.

I have never been disappointed there.

Advertisement