Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRO Yearly returns - Filing myself instead of Accountant

Options
  • 11-06-2019 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I have an inactive company for the last few years, and have got accountant to input B1 up till now, but no more money in company account , so want to do it myself.

I am going to ask accountant to give me name / password of company account on CRO site, use last years filing for this year, and get director to fill in signature form and post to CRO.

Is this the right procedure? , if not what am I missing? Is there anything that the accountant needs to do for the B1 form?

Thanks in advance

Have left CRO video for filling in B1 below.

https://www.cro.ie/Annual-Return/Fil...ling-B1-Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxgMpx23Wzk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

i would imagine that the accountant has his login into his account on core which would have all of his clients on it so if this is the case then he will not give you access.
    maybe look into registering and getting access yourself
    you will also have to file accounts with the return regardless of any trading activity
    miss the return date and you will have late filing fee and have to do an audit which is a whole different ball game
    how much is the accountant charging btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

duffysfarm wrote: »
    i would imagine that the accountant has his login into his account on core which would have all of his clients on it so if this is the case then he will not give you access.
    maybe look into registering and getting access yourself
    you will also have to file accounts with the return regardless of any trading activity
    miss the return date and you will have late filing fee and have to do an audit which is a whole different ball game
    how much is the accountant charging btw?

Thanks DuffysFarm

Would it be difficult to split off my records from a central account?

I am getting charged 250 EUR for filing, 20 for CRO and add on the VAT ... 330 EUR

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

i am not sure what way it works in terms of getting access to core and what records you will see. when you go to file the b1 as long as nothing has changed then it should be relativley straight forward.
    I dont think your current accountant is robbing you altogether but i appreciate that there may not be much funds available. you could price around to see if you can get a better price. I see that the attached charge €199 - http://www.closedforbusiness.ie/services/dormont-accounts/
    i have no affiliations to the company but have used them in the past and found them ok. will you have a ct1 to file also?

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

duffysfarm wrote: »
    i am not sure what way it works in terms of getting access to core and what records you will see. when you go to file the b1 as long as nothing has changed then it should be relativley straight forward.
    I dont think your current accountant is robbing you altogether but i appreciate that there may not be much funds available. you could price around to see if you can get a better price. I see that the attached charge €199 - http://www.closedforbusiness.ie/services/dormont-accounts/
    i have no affiliations to the company but have used them in the past and found them ok. will you have a ct1 to file also?

Again DuffysFarm, I appreciate you taking the time to respond

Do not think my accountant is ripping me off, but its a few years the company has been inactive, and want to do it myself. Also, no money in company accounts ( Bank charges over last few years as well).

The only forms I have sent to accountant over last few years are ABRIDGED FINANCIAL STATEMENTS ( 9 page) , B1 Signature ( 1 page) and invoice.

Do not get anything from revenue anymore, asked for company to be paused

Advertisement