Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player Ads on Smart TV

Options
  • 06-05-2019 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Anyone having issues with the ads on RTE Player on a Smart TV (Samsung)?
    Ads come on at the start of the program and program plays up to the ad break with no issues. The ads then play for the first ad break but the program then shuts down and goes back to the start
    To watch the second part I have to watch the ads at the start of the program again, fast forward through to the second part but have to watch the ad break again before I can watch the second part
    Is there some setting or something that I can change to enable me to watch seamlessly, without having to sit through the same ads over and over again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

Hi Garry17, I have a couple of Samsung smart TVs & I also have the exact same problem on both TV sets with RTE Player, with no fix to the very annoying issue.

Yeah..I had to stop using the player on an Android box on the telly.. just watch it on the laptop now..it's fair annoying..you'd think with the price of the tv license they'd be able to knock a decent app together..

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭glwaymiko

Same here, then sometimes adds play & program won’t, contacted RTÉ several times all you get is the same reply ,try this....but doesn’t work RTÉ PLAYER is just a head wreck ...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JoeCat

Am I the only one with a Samsung Smart TV and RTE Player no longer has live channels?
    For the last several weeks, you can only watch all the recorded programs in archive. None live TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

It's like YouTube 150mb> broadband where your internet speed is too slow for adverts.

It's designed that way to push as many adverts down your throat as they can.

Nevermind the fact that these programmes are already paid for anyone with licence fee and commercial advertising revenue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement