Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Strictly speaking wrong thread but I'll try anyways - I've been looking at the allowances on the GRA website and came across mileage and subsistence allowances. If so, is this is something that each guard is entitled to daily or is it subject to rules? Grateful for any help on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Strictly speaking wrong thread but I'll try anyways - I've been looking at the allowances on the GRA website and came across mileage and subsistence allowances. If so, is this is something that each guard is entitled to daily or is it subject to rules? Grateful for any help on this matter.

Not to sure about allowances as a trainee ,I'd be looking into claiming something from the social anyways ,will probably get onto them within the week or so and see if I'd be entitled to any support

Sorry, was referring to fully qualified gardai

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

NualaG93 wrote: »
    I’m June 17 OOM 305 and they’re saying my vetting is still outstanding and I’ve everything else completed. Anyone know the chances of it being completed by April? 😕

I’m in the same boat. Hoping to be cleared for April. I think it’s hard to say. I haven’t been in contact with them since last November so hoping my vetting is cleared and I just dont know it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Rparker17

I called last week and my vetting had come back and gone for final check. Hoping to not receive that letter. Reckon offers will be the Friday before paddy’s? Induction middle of April and starting the last Monday?
    Will try and get dates for induction from a buddy

• Advertisement

Rparker17 wrote: »
    I called last week and my vetting had come back and gone for final check. Hoping to not receive that letter. Reckon offers will be the Friday before paddy’s? Induction middle of April and starting the last Monday?

These letters seem to be rare enough, I wouldn’t worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Courtneycaseey

Is it HRM you ring to find out about the vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MU2017

Rparker17 wrote: »

Surely the intake will be early April as they'll want you finished up for Xmas?? I'm low 400's from June 17 but still have vetting outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NualaG93

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    These letters seem to be rare enough, I wouldn’t worry.

A rejection letter is it?

Is it HRM you ring to find out about the vetting?

Yes. 01-6662571. I actually just rang them and found out that it's from when I was a reserve is holding my application up. I resigned from it a few year ago cause I emigrated but you'd think that it's in house, it wouldn't be much of issue, a quick phone call could suffice! He said they emailed 4 months ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

MU2017 wrote: »
    Surely the intake will be early April as they'll want you finished up for Xmas?? I'm low 400's from June 17 but still have vetting outstanding.

They usually have induction weeks starting in the middle of the month going off previous intakes. Even if they start then they should be finished before Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NualaG93

I just rang them as well the said the vetting they’re waiting on is from a relation in America and all I can do is wait. So frustrating.

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    They usually have induction weeks starting in the middle of the month going off previous intakes. Even if they start then they should be finished before Xmas

Is it not 8 and a half months down in the college though?

MU2017 wrote: »
    Is it not 8 and a half months down in the college though?

32 weeks in the college as far as I know. I'm basically just counting 32 weeks from the last week in April to be on the safe side but going by that we'd be finished up before Xmas. They're used to having intakes running over Xmas though so I don't think they'll be too worried about getting us out before then. For our sake though I hope you're right and we are done by Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ALD123

This might be a stupid question but what is an OOM and how do I find out what mine is? From June 2017 and everything done but have outstanding vetting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

after your interview you would have received an email with results and order of merit.

Anyone know what the open/training day for the physical day is all about?is it a full day etc... I found the invitation email very vague.

Anyone know what the open/training day for the physical day is all about?is it a full day etc... I found the invitation email very vague.

It’s not a full day, maybe 2-3 hours at the most. My invitation email outlined exactly what we’d be doing. A walk through of each part of the PCT. It says to bring gym gear and where to meet in the college and even where to park. Nothing vague about that lol.

NualaG93 wrote: »
    A rejection letter is it?

Yea, it’s when you get as far as being signed off by senior management after doing all phases and all of a sudden out of no where you get a ‘you have been found generally unsuitable for the job’ letter.

Any indication why these letters happen, surely if an issue it would be picked up at vetting stage and ones file would go no further.

• Advertisement

Any indication why these letters happen, surely if an issue it would be picked up at vetting stage and ones file would go no further.

The vetting stage is last stage. It’s after that that the applicant would get the letter.

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    The vetting stage is last stage. It’s after that that the applicant would get the letter.

Ok but isn't the senior mngt/commissioner sign off the final stage after your vetting is clear which is where the unsuitability leter could kick in, I thought anyways.

Ok but isn't the senior mngt/commissioner sign off the final stage after your vetting is clear which is where the unsuitability leter could kick in, I thought anyways.

Everyone’s file gets sent to senior management for final decision, after the vetting process.
    The letter will come from senior management at that stage. Just because someone’s file get sent for ‘sign off’ doesn’t mean that it will get signed off. I’d assum senior management review your vetting and make their final decision on that.

I wouldn’t over think it. These letters seem rare enough. Unless you’ve a pile of skeletons you forgot to tell them about.

Fabio_1988 wrote: »
    It’s not a full day, maybe 2-3 hours at the most. My invitation email outlined exactly what we’d be doing. A walk through of each part of the PCT. It says to bring gym gear and where to meet in the college and even where to park. Nothing vague about that lol.

2-3 hours at most. Beautiful, that was the main question I had.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Isiheather00

Hi from June 17 finally they say I've been signed off. I found I only got some answers when I start emailing them as calls aren't recorded so they don't do much to chase anything up. My local sargent held my file for months as he didn't know he was to send it back 🀔 long ass process. They told me they don't know the next intake but are yous quiet sure it's April I thought it would have been February. I've lost all my fitness as I gave up hope after having everything done since last August. Probably won't even get called for this intake but just wanted to get an idea to get back fit

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Does anyone know if you get accepted, is there still an option to defer your place for up to a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Hi from June 17 finally they say I've been signed off. I found I only got some answers when I start emailing them as calls aren't recorded so they don't do much to chase anything up. My local sargent held my file for months as he didn't know he was to send it back 🀔 long ass process. They told me they don't know the next intake but are yous quiet sure it's April I thought it would have been February. I've lost all my fitness as I gave up hope after having everything done since last August. Probably won't even get called for this intake but just wanted to get an idea to get back fit

What’s your OOM? Is your vetting signed off by senior management yet?

April has been confirmed by them as the next intake already. It would be to late for February

Does anyone know if you get accepted, is there still an option to defer your place for up to a year?

Think you can defer once, however I think it needs to be for a good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Isiheather00

paddyCPW wrote: »
    What’s your OOM? Is your vetting signed off by senior management yet?

April has been confirmed by them as the next intake already. It would be to late for February

OOM was 17th for June 17 I was told by headquarters that are OOM means nothing to the garda only for public jobs which was deflating but makes sense I'm waiting this long. I had the Irish to do so said that delayed. Passed all my stages but was told last year my vetting was still out. I donno their internal process but my family is all national and very small no records and only few jobs to check. I'm near sure they had lost my file second time ha. I rang last week and they said my file was back from commissioner signed off awaiting the next intake but again she said they didn't know the date for the next intake. It's such a mess they will tell u anything on the phone but afraid to believe them. Only for I wrote them a detailed email of my process 2 months ago did I get better clarity of my application it was only in commissioners office a month by what they told me but took so long to reach there. It's a puzzle how anyone gets through with their system..

What OOMare u have u heard much back?

• Advertisement

OOM was 17th for June 17 I was told by headquarters that are OOM means nothing to the garda only for public jobs which was deflating but makes sense I'm waiting this long. I had the Irish to do so said that delayed. Passed all my stages but was told last year my vetting was still out. I donno their internal process but my family is all national and very small no records and only few jobs to check. I'm near sure they had lost my file second time ha. I rang last week and they said my file was back from commissioner signed off awaiting the next intake but again she said they didn't know the date for the next intake. It's such a mess they will tell u anything on the phone but afraid to believe them. Only for I wrote them a detailed email of my process 2 months ago did I get better clarity of my application it was only in commissioners office a month by what they told me but took so long to reach there. It's a puzzle how anyone gets through with their system..

What OOMare u have u heard much back?

That's really disappointing to be waiting that long. I'm in the same boat June 2017 OOM is higher (late 700's). I agree OOM seems to only be valid for public jobs. I'm just waiting sign off on my vetting by senior management, so April does look hopeful for us :)

Advertisement