Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland Prison Service Recruitment 2017

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭canuck_copper

User2206 wrote: »
    Earlier post

That’s how it’s done? At random??
    That’s what it said on the posting. Don’t know how random it will be but a little ambiguous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Is 20k starting.

22k after training.

2.7k danger money

That's a horrendous wage to be fair. Being locked up with all sorts of scum on a daily bases should pay a lot more in my opinion.

Dr.Sanchez wrote: »
    Is 20k starting.

22k after training.

2.7k danger money

That's a horrendous wage to be fair. Being locked up with all sorts of scum on a daily bases should pay a lot more in my opinion.

Your not wrong!

Anything for anyone yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

My mate got an interview so mustn't have been randomly selected.

I think they will interview off the list at random for a good wee while

• Advertisement

My mate got an interview so mustn't have been randomly selected.

I think they will interview off the list at random for a good wee while

This random thing is a bit of a farce.

You think they won’t email for interviews for long while?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Are many people from the Republic applying?

Hopefully it will be a fast process!

I’m from the republic myself! Will be doing a 2 hour drive if I’m successful. Anyone know what way the shifts work? Is like like 4, 12 hour shifts and then 3 days off or?? Thanks

Well got an email this morning saying sorry, although you met al the requirements you were not randomly selected.

Well got an email this morning saying sorry, although you met al the requirements you were not randomly selected.
    It's not a dear john, it's a wait out email

It's not a dear john, it's a wait out email

Oh yeah? How long you think this will draw out for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

I got that myself yesterday too. Wasn't happy reading it.

I’m from the republic myself! Will be doing a 2 hour drive if I’m successful. Anyone know what way the shifts work? Is like like 4, 12 hour shifts and then 3 days off or?? Thanks

2 hour drive ? That's alot after 12 hour shift. I hope you are successful but looking into renting/house share or something. You would burn out commuting that distance every day after a long shift. Just my opinion.

Will they email any applicants again who received the you are not selected email? As it's random selection I'm not sure if I'm just unsuccessful in this random selection pool or completely out of the competition

Will they email any applicants again who received the you are not selected email? As it's random selection I'm not sure if I'm just unsuccessful in this random selection pool or completely out of the competition

Apparently if you meet the requirement but didn’t get selected then you remain eleigible and could be notified about an interview at a later date.

The new custody officer one that out reads the same way. All this random selection is weird

Apparently if you meet the requirement but didn’t get selected then you remain eleigible and could be notified about an interview at a later date.

The new custody officer one that out reads the same way. All this random selection is weird

It's to save costs of running a test etc.

HR connect does all civil service recruitment and selection.

HR Connect are a subsidiary of Capita.

So a recruitment process without a test is cheaper as less billable hours for Capita and the IT firm they would hire to run the test.

Recruitment needed to happen but without a Justice Minister to sign off on a stamdard campaign the Perm secretsry for Justice and the head of the prison service probs just went with this as the cost is more jusifiable with limited resources.

Additionally plenty of prison staff are on lists to move to other work locations and are getting pissed off with waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Has anybody from the most recent campaign has their interview yet? I have mine this week and am fairly nervous haha was wondering how long are you left waiting after the interview before you find out if you got it or not?

Has anybody from the most recent campaign has their interview yet? I have mine this week and am fairly nervous haha was wondering how long are you left waiting after the interview before you find out if you got it or not?

All candidates will be notified at the same time

Good luck!

How did interviews go?

Advertisement