Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare County Fire Service recruiting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CZ452.22

Hi,thanks for the heads up.Does anyone know if it would be an issue joining either Naas or Maynooth Fire Brigades while living in Clane.Would I stand a chance given the distance to the stations.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

CZ452.22 wrote: »
    Hi,thanks for the heads up.Does anyone know if it would be an issue joining either Naas or Maynooth Fire Brigades while living in Clane.Would I stand a chance given the distance to the stations.
    Thanks.

Ye no worries, not a hope you'd get in living in clane. U need to be as close as possible. 5mins away max or 1 or 2 miles away from station. You'll need to move 100%

No prob,cheers for the quick reply.

Hi Fire1985-Quick question.
    I received an invite to the practical test next week,so I was wondering why they would send me an invite given my address and proximity to the station.Do you think this was an oversight or can they be more lenient to the 5 min/1-2 mile rule?
    Thanks.

Hi Fire1985-Quick question.
    I received an invite to the practical test next week,so I was wondering why they would send me an invite given my address and proximity to the station.Do you think this was an oversight or can they be more lenient to the 5 min/1-2 mile rule?
    Thanks.

Do you live in clane? What station did you apply for?

No I rekon they will ask you to move. They would assume you'd already be aware of where you need to live.

It'd be worth ringing them.

• Advertisement

Yes,I live in Clane and the station I applied for was Naas.
    I've tried calling both Naas and Newbridge where the test is to be held but no answer on the phones.
    I'll leave a message and hopefully someone will get back to me.
    It says on the application form that "firefighters will reside and work within an acceptable distance of the fire station,as deemed by the Chief Fire Officer;GENERALLY this is with a five minute travel time to their designated station."
    It seems that the final decision would be with the Chief Fire Officer in regards to the travel time.
    Are there any retained firefighters that live outside of the 1-2 mile/5min restrictions due to low manning levels/applications etc ?
    Cheers.

Yes,I live in Clane and the station I applied for was Naas.
    I've tried calling both Naas and Newbridge where the test is to be held but no answer on the phones.
    I'll leave a message and hopefully someone will get back to me.
    It says on the application form that "firefighters will reside and work within an acceptable distance of the fire station,as deemed by the Chief Fire Officer;GENERALLY this is with a five minute travel time to their designated station."
    It seems that the final decision would be with the Chief Fire Officer in regards to the travel time.
    Are there any retained firefighters that live outside of the 1-2 mile/5min restrictions due to low manning levels/applications etc ?
    Cheers.

How far are u from station realistically? Distance and time with traffic?

They generally get plenty of applications so they aren't usually stuck for Numbers therefore living too far won't help u unless nobody else is in for the job which is highly unlikely. Most of the lads in naas live very close by. You'd never make the truck. They'd be gone without u always plus if ur more than 10mins u don't get paid

Realistically I'd be 3 and a half to 4 mile away I suppose(Sallins side of Clane).
    Up to 20 plus mins in traffic during the day (Sallins schools ect) and 10 mins at night.
    I don't want to throw in the towel too soon,but I'd say you're correct in terms of a large interest in this competition therefore the chances of them picking someone in Clane are slim to none.
    Thanks again for the information.

Realistically I'd be 3 and a half to 4 mile away I suppose(Sallins side of Clane).
    Up to 20 plus mins in traffic during the day (Sallins schools ect) and 10 mins at night.
    I don't want to throw in the towel too soon,but I'd say you're correct in terms of a large interest in this competition therefore the chances of them picking someone in Clane are slim to none.
    Thanks again for the information.

I can categorically say you will not get the job living there. The truck will leave the station within 5mins easily. At most 10.

You'll have to tell them you'll move and actually move otherwise you're wasting ur time .

The furthest away in my station is 1mile tops

Sorry for been blunt but u need to know

No bother at all.You can't dispute the facts.
    Good to have all the information going in to this as it's different to fulltime.
    Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Maynooth & Leixlip recruiting

Advertisement