Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACA or FCA?

Options
  • 13-06-2019 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Do the Institute let you know when you become a Fellow or do you just start applying the FCA title yourself after a decade?

Qualified a decade ago last month but not exactly sure of the protocol, it doesn't really matter anyway but just wanted to be sure. There was a gap of around three years post-qual until I joined the Institute as an ACA but as the subs were backdated I assume there's no issue.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

radharc wrote: »
    Hi All,

Do the Institute let you know when you become a Fellow or do you just start applying the FCA title yourself after a decade?

Qualified a decade ago last month but not exactly sure of the protocol, it doesn't really matter anyway but just wanted to be sure. There was a gap of around three years post-qual until I joined the Institute as an ACA but as the subs were backdated I assume there's no issue.

From what I recall and it is along time ago, you apply for it and assuming you are a member in good standing you will get it... I know of only one person who got turned down...

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Jim2007 wrote: »
    From what I recall and it is along time ago, you apply for it and assuming you are a member in good standing you will get it... I know of only one person who got turned down...

Are your yearly subs higher as an FCA? I thought they were. High enough as they are!!

Advertisement