Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2019 Recruitment

• 05-04-2019 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

How long after applying will we hear anything?
    And what type of stuff do they ask you in the interview?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Hi,

After the applications closing date, you will receive information into your public jobs account about Stage 1.

Please be aware the application you submit now (known as Form A) doesn't really come up until the Interview, but take it seriously, because they may refer to what you write on it in the interview.

In regards to the stuff the ask in the interview, it's competency based, so you will receive information in advance and have to prepare answers for it. For example it may be "resilience" and you will get asked questions to prove your competency on that in the interview. I won't go into more details, there is plenty of "Stage 3" threads you can look through on this forum which is the interview part and you can see lots of information there.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

Jamie13 wrote: »
    How long after applying will we hear anything?
    And what type of stuff do they ask you in the interview?

I’d say focus and practice for stage 1/2 first. Can be tricky.
    For the interview you will get 4/5 competencies to prep before hand. They will ask qs about work/ college/ life experiences / volunteer work etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheTinyGarda

leheaven wrote: »
    I’d say focus and practice for stage 1/2 first.

Any advice on where I could practice? I did find come stuff online, but I don't know how good they are? I don't fancy spending time on something that will be no help at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Any advice on where I could practice? I did find come stuff online, but I don't know how good they are? I don't fancy spending time on something that will be no help at all.

I did the career services one last year.. in fact think I did all of their stuff and it definitely paid off! The lower your OOM for the campaign the faster everything goes in the process (on top of increasing chances of success) so worth a shot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheTinyGarda

Hot_Fuzz wrote: »
    I did the career services one last year.. in fact think I did all of their stuff and it definitely paid off! The lower your OOM for the campaign the faster everything goes in the process (on top of increasing chances of success) so worth a shot :)

Oh nice! Yeah I heard they're great! But unfortunately I can't afford their course atm. So you did their training and passed all stages? That's my dream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

Oh nice! Yeah I heard they're great! But unfortunately I can't afford their course atm. So you did their training and passed all stages? That's my dream!

Yep did theirs for stage 1,2 and 3 and passed everything, just waiting on next intake now! It can be an expensive process if doing the courses but just keep aiming for the best OOM you can get and if it’s meant to be it’ll happen! :)

Advertisement