Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Squarespace - Can it work?

• 06-06-2019 7:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just looking for a bit of advice regarding squarespace and payments.

I currently have a squarespace site, its nice and simple. Its just an information site but I do use it to collect payments for invoices.

The payments side of it is not great. Currently for someone to make a payment to me they can only use a "Make a donation" form. Now I can hide the word donation as much as possible but it's still not great.

So that leads me onto stripe and API's...and things I know nothing about.

My understanding is that anything is possible with stripe and different API's, and they can just be dropped into a site in a block of code, by someone who knows what they are doing.

Is that right? And if so where do I find someone who'd be able to do that for me or am I better off adandoning squarespace and going elsewhere?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

If you can get a payment widget from Stripe, or anywhere else really, you should be able to embed that into your Squarespace site using a Code Block:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543167-Using-the-Code-Block

This is as long as your plan supports it. Any payment gateway should work, and it'd probably be better than the Donation Block for what you want to do!

Hope that helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Jonny303

Thanks for the response, sorry for the delay in getting back.

Please excuse my ignorence...I'm trying to follow!

When I go to enter code into squarespace, I can enter HTML, CSS or Javascript.

When I go to get code from the squarespace libary they list none of these and instead have Ruby, Curl, Java PHP and a few others.

I have managed to get the standard payment widget in stripe working, however for that to work you have to supply the amount the customer pays in the code, where as my invoice amounts vary so much that I'd end up having multiple buttons.

Advertisement