Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Huddersfield are sneaking up on them though, I'd fancy them to pip them at the post.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The match away to Newcastle on 15/4 has been brought forward to Friday 14/4 and will be shown on Sky at 7.45pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Zaph wrote: »
    The match away to Newcastle on 15/4 has been brought forward to Friday 14/4 and will be shown on Sky at 7.45pm.

Easy three points for us there. You think they'd show competitive games on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,491 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Been planning on this for months, this makes it difficult

Mushy wrote: »

Yeah, I suspected one or two here might have been planning on going over, which is why I mentioned it. Our next four games on Sky are against Birmingham, Brighton, Reading and Newcastle. Hell of a fixture list.

Yeah, I suspected one or two here might have been planning on going over, which is why I mentioned it. Our next four games on Sky are against Birmingham, Brighton, Reading and Newcastle. Hell of a fixture list.

I'd just found a cheap method to get there the Saturday if was a 3pm game. There were two fixtures the Saturday, 10 the Friday, and they've moved a Saturday one to Friday for TV. The police got their way!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

If Police got their way, it would be a pre-pubs 12:30 KO. This is clearly a Sky dictatorship

championc wrote: »
    If Police got their way, it would be a pre-pubs 12:30 KO. This is clearly a Sky dictatorship

The police had trouble with Newcastle v Leeds and Sunderland-west ham being held on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Chris Wood you ****ing wizard.

• Advertisement

Totally against the run of play but don't care.

If Pontus could wake up it'd be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Can't see us holding out going on the last 10 mins :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

That was coming, unfortunately.

Great reply !!!!!

He's only gone and done it again.

• Advertisement

Game, set & match.

Pedraza! The smirk on Garry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

hah Pedrazza!

I don't understand how we're winning but don't care

Delighted for him, hopefully gets a few more

Support sounds fantastic as always

Berardi scores, we're on the pitch

:pac:

• Advertisement

Well, well - Brigton lose to Forrest !!!

I had high hopes for Newcastle losing two of their 3 games in this run but after beating Brighton midweek, maybe it will be Brighton to choke .... Again !!

Wednesday, Reading and more importantly Fulham all won this afternoon....8 point gap before the game at Creaven Cottage on Tuesday

Forest 3 - 0 Brighton some result though!

Huddersfield will fancy their chances of catching them now with two games in hand, so a Newcastle win in the 5:30 kick off would be handy!

Daryl Murphy you beauty

Toon two up, totally undeservedly!

Every round of games changes what I think I want to happen to trams above us. Will just jeep an eye on the chasing pack and it was just as well we won given how that went. Huge one Tuesday but not a disaster if we lose. Massive end to season if we win tho. Will be the marker for a top 2 challenge.

Would like to see Viera or Philips start ahead of OKane and Pedrazza ahead of either wing. Douks gone off the boil a bit again but always a solid worker. Jansson didn't have a great game but as long as he's on fire for the big ones I don't mind.

Every round of games changes what I think I want to happen to trams above us...

Well as long as we don't get derailed...

Is it just me or when Dallas starts a game I think "no...someone better is missing out". I just think back a few weeks when the midfield had the likes of Roofe, Bridcutt, Vieira, Hernandez destroying Derby with O'Kane and Mowatt (now gone of course) on the bench and it seemed more fluid. I know Dallas is more naturally a winger than the others, but he seems more sluggish.

We're lucky currently where the schedule is working for us. We had no midweek game last week and have an extra days rest before Tuesday night. I think Newcastle are looking unstoppable now. Brighton have now lost 2 on the bounce. Wins over Draws will be the difference from here on in. One minute you think that the top two are uncatchable, but Brighton ...... are they stuttering AGAIN ???

but Brighton ...... are they stuttering AGAIN ???

Duffy out for 8 weeks for them now. Very bad for them, but for Ireland too.

Roll on tomorrow night!

I see we've signed a guy named Paudie O'Connor from Limerick on a 2 1/2 year deal. He's only 19, so obviously one for the future. Anyone know anything about him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

I see we've signed a guy named Paudie O'Connor from Limerick on a 2 1/2 year deal. He's only 19, so obviously one for the future. Anyone know anything about him?

Limerick fan here, his not good enough for Leeds. He'd barely be good enough for LOI in my opinion (season ticket holder at limerick here) be looked very ordinary in the LOI first division last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

No Chris wood tonight , time to find out what we're really capable of ......

• Advertisement

Charlie Taylor starting tonight, Ayling is out as he's just become a father. Doukara up front with Pedraza on the wing. It'll be interesting to see how we perform without Wood.

Lots of changes, nice to see Taylor back in action and looka very attack minded front three behind Doukara

Bit worried about this one but MOT!!!

Who needs Chris Wood when you have OG

Who needs Chris Wood when you have OG

Sign him up!

Fooook !!!!!!!

Gutted

Fulham probably deserved it with the goal that should have been given

Chance of autos getting slimmer and slimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

Oh god , some goal in fairness though :(

No damage done but a chance missed to be pushing Hudders and Brighton

I'd have taken a draw before the game, so all is not lost there. Considering the lineup, I thought it'd be a hard fought draw, not a last minute equaliser for them. The glimmer of hope of automatic promotion is slipping away though, that slow start to the season is killing them.

• Advertisement

Hotel booked for the final. Just in case! Prob just as well we won't know semi-final dates until much nearer the time or I'd have them all booked too. Few days off work gonna be required if we do manage to get into the final as it's on Monday 29th (a UK bank holiday but not here) and if we finish 3rd or 4th then based on last year our home leg will be on a Monday or Tuesday too. I would assume getting tickets for the away leg would be nigh on impossible. Would make for a nice 3 or 4 night getaway if possible.

7,200 at Fulham last night.

Meanwhile, on the Arsenal forum, elimination in Europe and 5th in the table saw some fans welcoming their loss last night, say they'll refuse to follow the club until Wenger goes etc. You have to laugh and enjoy it!

Hotel booked for the final. Just in case! Prob just as well we won't know semi-final dates until much nearer the time or I'd have them all booked too. Few days off work gonna be required if we do manage to get into the final as it's on Monday 29th (a UK bank holiday but not here) and if we finish 3rd or 4th then based on last year our home leg will be on a Monday or Tuesday too. I would assume getting tickets for the away leg would be nigh on impossible. Would make for a nice 3 or 4 night getaway if possible.

Would be amazing!

Will tickets be available on general sale or are you a member?

Would be amazing!

Will tickets be available on general sale or are you a member?

General sale from club after members/season ticket holders I'd say. Not sure TBH. Just know it's through the clubs rather than open to all or on sale yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Maybe wait till we get past the Easter break before we get too confident about the play-offs. Never know with this league. pity about last night, but would have definitely taken 4 points from two away games v Birmingham and Fulham.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Maybe wait till we get past the Easter break before we get too confident about the play-offs. Never know with this league. pity about last night, but would have definitely taken 4 points from two away games v Birmingham and Fulham.

Just bought the international membership to put me a little higher up the queue when tickets do become available. Think I need to cut up my cards and not go near a computer for a while!

• Advertisement

7,200 at Fulham last night.

And this is what they sounded like. That's quality support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Another point today. Would have liked to have another win with Brighton and Reading coming up. Im a bit worried about our form at the moment. Not playing well from an attacking point of view.

Another point today. Would have liked to have another win with Brighton and Reading coming up. Im a bit worried about our form at the moment. Not playing well from an attacking point of view.

The one positive I find is they also aren't losing the games, so defensively it's OK. Reading look to be in trouble recently, not as nervy about that as I would normally be

Reading and Sheffield Wednesday not in great form and play each other next Friday, just gotta keep picking up points ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

The one positive I find is they also aren't losing the games, so defensively it's OK. Reading look to be in trouble recently, not as nervy about that as I would normally be

Yep agreed. Its been the main reason we are where we are. We have stayed in games all season which has allowed us to win games in the second half and late on. There hasnt been to many games where we have won comfortably.

I think Fulham will be the team to worry about most at the moment. They are on a great run and playing some great football. They also have some handy fixtures coming up so I fully expect them to be in the playoff places soon. We just have to make sure its at Sheffield W or Readings expense and not ours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement