Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big John returning to the Octagon

Options
  • 09-10-2008 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

From an interview with Big John. It would be great to see him back in the octagon.

In his final blog, McCarthy, a retired police officer and current fight gym owner, hinted that his next move could be a return to refereeing.

“A few people have said that I have attacked the UFC,” wrote McCarthy. “That is simply not true. I have never said anything bad about the UFC. I spent 14 years of my life trying to build up the UFC and make people understand how incredible the fighters of MMA were. I considered myself very lucky in the fact that I was able to be around the UFC for as long as I was and you never know maybe I will go back to refereeing and someday work another UFC.”

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/10/08/john-mccarthy-leaves-the-fight-network-and-hints-at-possible-return-to-officiating/

Advertisement