Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB Trail Townley hall

Options
  • 03-05-2020 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello,

does anyone know the start of the Trails in Townley hall, where is best to park etc. Ive been around here a while but only found out there was a trail here for mtbiking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

There is only a walking trail but it get's used by MTB's much to the annoyance of the walkers. There is going to be a serious accident up there some day. I think one end of this has now been blocked off for bikes with a turnstile??

I wouldn't recommend parking in either of the car parks, they're a hotspot for break-in's.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leovaradkar

Cheers man, I had found it aand its perfect for MTb seems like it was built for it. Parked up in Tullyallen at the Star pub seen as its not open.Was there early Sunday and Monday so sen no walkers so dont now what the crack is with any disagreements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

You came in from the Tullyallen side so, Coilte did a lot of work that end last year. Did you have to lift your bike over a turnstile?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leovaradkar

I came down the twisty road to the Slane Drogheda road and turned Right went in the main entrance, wasnt sure if it was open or not. Its a nice track bit small but enjoyable all in I clocked up 9k.

Advertisement