Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When's the last time you cried?

• 27-03-2017 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

I have been weeping like a small child all week, mainly hormone-related but everything is setting me off.

I watched a cancer Netflix doc last night about the lad who played Spartacus (rookie move, ROOKIE MOVE :eek:) and I nearly had to be sedated, wailing like a banshee for a good ten minutes after it ended.

It's fascinating coz usually I'm a stoic stone of a human, zero fecks given typa gal, but pills and hormones and all that. Definitely NOT pregnant before someone goes there.

So are you a blubber or do you tend to "cry on the inside" usually? Anyone else had a good cry of late?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I watched Arrival a couple of weeks ago and was bawling. I used to be a non-cryer but since I started trying to have a baby I'm an emotional mess a lot of the time. I hate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I cry myself to sleep every night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

bee06 wrote: »
    I watched Arrival a couple of weeks ago and was bawling. I used to be a non-cryer but since I started trying to have a baby I'm an emotional mess a lot of the time. I hate it!

I watched that too, thought it was a bit bizarre but the sub-plot about the baby was fairly gut-wrenching alright. The music was pretty powerful too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭Allah snackbar

I cried after I watched Arrival because I'd spent money to watch that ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,644 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Stood on a lego last night, still crying :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Was watching Logan the other week. Just like toy story 3 all over again. ;(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm pregnant, I cry hourly at something or nothing.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I'm not pregnant and I cry hourly for no reason.

I just have a lot of emotions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

I stuck my hand into the fire an hour ago and am still crying. I suppose I should take it back out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Watching Broadchurch the other week. Great little show that.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Stigura

One of my bigger Dogs jumped onto the futon, this morning. One foot landed directly on my right testicle. Floods of tears!

About two weeks ago I had a bit of a cry when looking at old photos. They were bittersweet tears. So many great memories of a time that's long gone. There's different types of crying.

Happy tears when something unexpected and wonderful happens and you just can't believe it. Broken hearted gut wrenching achy tears that come when you feel full of holes and disappointments, and exhaustion from the same old crap. Depressed tears when fear and sadness for no real reason at all rears it's head and leaves you kind of baffled and confused as to why you're feeling this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

2004. When my sister randomly came up to me when we were sitting having our tea and dumped a glass of water over my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

cbyrd wrote: »
    I'm pregnant, I cry hourly at something or nothing.. :D

Oh God, when I was pregnant, I cried at the toilet paper puppy ads, seriously, and of course all the charity ads, and the animal charity ads...

I bawled at Arrival (not pregnant !).

Last time I cried was maybe 2 weeks ago, watched a silly series on Netflix what was it ? I think "The Returned". It wasn't even a "good cry", it was more a "might as well cry".

When I'm hormonal, I watch dog rescue clips on Youtube and I bawl. Feels good.

I rarely cry of happiness, I get choked up alright.

I cry laughing. Make a fool of myself, as what makes me laugh is sometimes just slightly amusing to others. Thankfully my Mum is the same, so when she's over we sometimes have nice crying laughing fests without feeling like fools. (well Mr M does look puzzled sometimes, but he doesn't count)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

This morning for about an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭melloa

recently bet 2 weeks wages on a horse to win,

got beaten by a dirty nose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭Flibble

Every single time someone I'm close to asks me how i am since January, I'd say. I'm normally fairly together, but f*ck this year!!!

Broken hearted gut wrenching achy tears that come when you feel full of holes and disappointments, and exhaustion from the same old crap.

Those are the worst kind of tears. :(

I actually cried with the pain of regret a short while ago. A sort of personal moment of truth where I just realised, "fcuk, I actually am this type of person that has caused all these massive regrets in my own life because of my own shortcomings" and thinking of all the life events it's caused and people I've lost that I can never change.

Can't bate a good cry all the same

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Those are the worst kind of tears. :(

I actually cried with the pain of regret a short while ago. A sort of personal moment of truth where I just realised, "fcuk, I actually am this type of person that has caused all these massive regrets in my own life because of my own shortcomings" and thinking of all the life events it's caused and people I've lost that I can never change.

Can't bate a good cry all the same

They are but you're right. Can't bate a good cry :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,635 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The last time I cried? Like cried cried? Tears bursting uncontrollably from my eyes cried? I dunno? A good while - months and months? But I'd get teary eyed regularly: watching Shane Long holding Seamus Coleman after he broke his leg on Friday was probably the most recent occassion, but it could be anything that sets me off on the path of nearly crying, usually films or music.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,514 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

14 August 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Cried when I heard the policeman in london was dead last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I had to put my doggy to sleep today, still a few tears to go I'd say :(

Oh no :(:(

Ah poor Lucky :( I'm sorry BM.

Oh that would destroy me. I'm so sorry. RIP BM's lovely dog x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Sorry about your loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

My last cry was same backwards man .

I'm a 42 year old man .

My 9 year old westie was savaged by two bull mastiffs last June while I was out walking with my 2 year old , nothing I could do , guy got his dogs off eventually but after 7 days of fighting she died , she was doing really well at one point .

Had to pick her up from vets on way home from work and tell my 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son... A real tough day !!!!

We all said goodbye to her and kids looking for things to bury with her for ages . I just wanted to bloody get on with it , heart breaking !!!!

• Advertisement

My last cry was same backwards man .

I'm a 42 year old man .

My 9 year old westie was savaged by two bull mastiffs last June while I was out walking with my 2 year old , nothing I could do , guy got his dogs off eventually but after 7 days of fighting she died , she was doing really well at one point .

Had to pick her up from vets on way home from work and tell my 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son... A real tough day !!!!

We all said goodbye to her and kids looking for things to bury with her for ages . I just wanted to bloody get on with it , heart breaking !!!!

Jesus :( I couldn't even imagine watching anything like that happen to my two. I think it would change me as a person. My condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When I told her I loved her 4ever, but she loved me 5 ever </3

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

28th September 2012

Peregrine wrote: »
    28th September 2012

Are you not in need of a good auld cry? It clears the cobwebs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The night of my mother's funeral, five years ago this week. I didn't cry at the funeral or even the night she died. It was as if I had saved it all up because I cried pretty much all night. I haven't cried since then because... anti-depressants or dead inside, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Purpletoes

Me too... I cry happy and sad ... I also cry frustrated. It's the bane of my life :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Watching the movie Manchester by the sea a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

At my grandmother's funeral at Chritmastime

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I used to rarely cry, but after I had my son it's like some of the pregnancy crying never went away. He's 5!! Last time I cried was earlier on but it was happy crying, saw a YouTube video of a dog getting adopted. Literally anything will set me off, songs, TV, Internet, pictures, sometimes a random thought will have me bursting into tears. I'm a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Toots wrote: »
    I used to rarely cry, but after I had my son it's like some of the pregnancy crying never went away. He's 5!!

I misread that as "He's 51!"

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

a few months ago when I saw a photo of my deceased granny. I never got to say goodbye. Well - I could never bring myself to do it and I regret it so much. Anyway, I saw the photo and I just started bawling because I never told her I loved her or said goodbye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

When Tipp won the All-Ireland in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

I had a few tears roll down my cheek in the aftermath of the Orlando shooting last year, and a few more following the suicide of a young person from my hometown. As for a good bawl - my brothers funeral two years ago. I wish I could cry a lot of times but feel incapable. Something to keep an eye on in the long term I guess, you'd worry about the effect it could have on your long term mental health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Eyes welled up at the end of Lion recently. You'd want a heart of stone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Saturday morning I was trying to get USB to work on the old PS3 in the kitchen when I happened upon a video taken the night before the wee ones were killed, along with loads of photos I hadn't seen in years which were all saved onto the playstation. Had a good hard loud sob and hid under a duvet for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My illness means I cannot easily express grief etc; takes too much energy?

When the Tuam baby scandal broke. so did the dam of my emotions. Wept days and nights.

Closed down again now even though a personal situation has me totally.. it is grief for others not for me that starts it..

Quick, Graces7, change the subject.... too late.. too late...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

I had to put my doggy to sleep today, still a few tears to go I'd say

I know how you feel. Lost my dog today aswell. Heartbroken.

Graces7 wrote: »
    My illness means I cannot easily express grief etc; takes too much energy?

When the Tuam baby scandal broke. so did the dam of my emotions. Wept days and nights.

Closed down again now even though a personal situation has me totally.. it is grief for others not for me that starts it..

I know what you mean.

I'm pretty hardened to most news headlines but every few years a story breaks and it just destroys me to my very core.

London terror attack last week almost went over my head despite it literally happening over the road and listening to sirens blaring and helicopters hovering for my whole working day.

A young girl from my hometown died by suicide a few months ago and it absolutely broke me. Didn't know the girl, might have met her once or twice, but the pain that the entire community felt seemed to get under my skin and I genuinely wasn't right for about a month.

Grief is a strange beast too. I lost a good friend in a tragic accident about three years ago, we talk about him probably every day in my circle of friends and have largely accepted and learned to live with his passing. Until a certain song plays when you're walking through a shop or someone uses an expression he used to always say or I see someone wearing a jumper he used to have and it's like being punched in the gut all over again.

Broke up with long term girlfriend just over a week ago. I couldn't stop crying for exactly three and a half days. Bizarre stuff. I could not hold it together to save my life. Had to go to the toilet in work multiple times to let it out. Crying on the bus. Crying on the luas. Then it just stopped half way through Thursday and I'm (relatively) fine. I've never experience anything like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Friday. I was at my counsellor's house and we were having a good ould chat and I didn't even realise I was crying until she handed me a box of tissues, the tears were spilling down my face! I needed it I think, hadn't cried in a long time.

Not even sure what it was over really. Probably just the state of me and my life in general. :o

Now, reading this thread.

Some of the posts genuinely have me in tears.

• Advertisement
Advertisement