Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Ni-MH rechargable batteries

• 02-06-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

What are people's opinions on the Lidl rechargable batteries.
    €2.99 for a 4 pack of AA or AAA

Charging time - 7hrs
    Current - 500mA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drvr

I have bought them in the past and the kids use them for the x - box controllers, seem ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Ive used them too. They're a good battery only my kids dumped them without asking if they were rechargeable. Are they on again in aldidl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭hexosan

Yeah they have them back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What you're looking for is a high mAh rating on them and I think the lidl ones are pretty decent. I have paid a bit extra for the "soshine" ones from dealextreme and they are well worth the money, but the lidl ones are also grand (from memory).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Lidl brand Tronic - never had a problem with them, even when recharging after a long period of non-use.

Aldi brand Digital (not 100% certain they are from Aldi...) - every single one totally dead in same scenario.

Eneloop type batteries are the way to go though. They hold their charge for much much longer than regular rechargeables. I think eneloop is a trademark word, and cheaper equivalents are freely available.

For recharging: some of the cheap solar garden lights use AA/AAA batteries, and can be opened to contain your batteries instead. They obviously need to be hidden from plain sight or being stumbled upon, and might need a bit of easy modification for connection purposes, and, more importantly, so that they do not light up in the dark... :eek:

ps Think the Lidl ones are €4 per pack of 4, not €3 as you said?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Esel wrote: »
    Lidl brand Tronic - never had a problem with them, even when recharging after a long period of non-use.

Aldi brand Digital (not 100% certain they are from Aldi...) - every single one totally dead in same scenario.

The Aldi ones are fairly useless alright. The last pack I got could hold feck all charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

Any sign of these coming back in?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TigerTom

Important to know about Ni-MH, whether from Lidl or anyone else: If they're looked after well, they do last for charge after charge. But you can kill them before you even get to charge them the first time.

YOU MUST NEVER LET THEM DISCHARGE COMPLETELY

In general:

—- Something like an X-Box will probably look after the cells for you, because it will shut itself down when the voltage goes low. If something is marked as not suitable for rechargeable batteries, it may be because it doesn't have this function. (There can be other reasons).

—- Something like an electric razor, a toy train etc, which doesn't really have electronics will keep going and taking current from the batteries as long as it can. By the time it grinds to a halt, your battery will be destroyed, or at least seriously damaged. Even if it does charge up again it will have lost a lot of its mAh capacity, i.e it won't last nearly as long before needing another charge.

Advertisement