Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympiad team selection for 2014 and Women's coaching

Options
  • 28-08-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭

From the Women's Chess in Ireland facebook page:
    From Gearoidin Ui Laighleis (ICU Women's Officer)

Olympiad news!!!!
    It was decided by the ICU executive committee that the teams for the Olympiad to be held in Norway in August 2014 will be selected 6 months in advance, i.e Jan 2014. This will give people time to book flights, holidays etc.

All games as per eligibility rules must be played by that time. All players wishing to be considered must be members of the ICU.

The ICU want to form a coaching panel for women players who may be in contention for a place on the team. It is envisaged that the coaching will start in September. Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested in this.

Thanks. Gearóidín

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rener

Are there many Women coaches and Managers in Republic of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

rener wrote: »
    Are there many Women coaches and Managers in Republic of Ireland?
    The coaches and even the team manager might well be all male.

To give you an idea of numbers, there are 16 women players on the latest Irish rating list who are rated above 1000. The highest rated four are in the 1600s. There are inactive women who are stronger, but I doubt inactive players would volunteer to coach.

Advertisement