Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Ni-MH rechargable batteries

Options
  • 02-06-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

What are people's opinions on the Lidl rechargable batteries.
    €2.99 for a 4 pack of AA or AAA

Charging time - 7hrs
    Current - 500mA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drvr

I have bought them in the past and the kids use them for the x - box controllers, seem ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Ive used them too. They're a good battery only my kids dumped them without asking if they were rechargeable. Are they on again in aldidl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Yeah they have them back in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What you're looking for is a high mAh rating on them and I think the lidl ones are pretty decent. I have paid a bit extra for the "soshine" ones from dealextreme and they are well worth the money, but the lidl ones are also grand (from memory).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Lidl brand Tronic - never had a problem with them, even when recharging after a long period of non-use.

Aldi brand Digital (not 100% certain they are from Aldi...) - every single one totally dead in same scenario.

Eneloop type batteries are the way to go though. They hold their charge for much much longer than regular rechargeables. I think eneloop is a trademark word, and cheaper equivalents are freely available.

For recharging: some of the cheap solar garden lights use AA/AAA batteries, and can be opened to contain your batteries instead. They obviously need to be hidden from plain sight or being stumbled upon, and might need a bit of easy modification for connection purposes, and, more importantly, so that they do not light up in the dark... :eek:

ps Think the Lidl ones are €4 per pack of 4, not €3 as you said?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Esel wrote: »
    Lidl brand Tronic - never had a problem with them, even when recharging after a long period of non-use.

Aldi brand Digital (not 100% certain they are from Aldi...) - every single one totally dead in same scenario.

The Aldi ones are fairly useless alright. The last pack I got could hold feck all charge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Any sign of these coming back in?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement