Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure Im liking the new Strava look

Options
  • 30-10-2012 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭

what ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Like it.........only the dashboard page has changed. These things generally take a while to 'grow' on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

im not good with change!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

agreed its pants. mainly just the design, but the key stats still havent improved, it still doesnt have the common sense to show your best segments, nor the climb cats, nor the av speed, nor a dash of colour for a few things. bla bla bla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

never noticed. what's changed? Can't see it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭capnsantini

seve65 wrote: »
    agreed its pants. mainly just the design, but the key stats still havent improved, it still doesnt have the common sense to show your best segments, nor the climb cats, nor the av speed, nor a dash of colour for a few things. bla bla bla

It should also be able to show you which segments you are close to topping. Maybe another tab at the top where you have a list of segments where you are in the top 5, or maybe within a minute, or within a certain percentage.... I guess that's one to bring up with the brass in NH though.

Initially didn't like the new dashboard but it's grown on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

It should also be able to show you which segments you are close to topping. Maybe another tab at the top where you have a list of segments where you are in the top 5, or maybe within a minute, or within a certain percentage

Have you had a play around with this? http://www.jonathanokeeffe.com/strava/notifier.php?segmentId=866782

It might provide some of the above for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,953 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

It should also be able to show you which segments you are close to topping
    +1

As well a a few KOMs, I've a few 2nds and 3rds which would be nice to see listed also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Took a few days but I've got to really like it! Particularly like the way it groups together a spin if you ride with people that you're "following"!
    I'm sure it will happen eventually but I'd be happy to pay more for a "Training Programme" which you could then follow on Strava .... not a huge step from where they are at now?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Not a fan either might take a bit of getting used to!

It should also be able to show you which segments you are close to topping. Maybe another tab at the top where you have a list of segments where you are in the top 5, or maybe within a minute, or within a certain percentage.... I guess that's one to bring up with the brass in NH though.

Initially didn't like the new dashboard but it's grown on me.

http://www.veloviewer.com/AthleteSegments.php?athleteId=64108

although its a bit of a pain, as you have to keep updating that site with your latest strava data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Needs a bit of fine tuning but overall the idea is fine. The name of the ride, which generally means nothing, should not have the largest font and take precedence over the riders name. Time of rides should be displayed particularly for stationary trainer rides. The text seems squeezed yet there is plenty of white space between each ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

At least its still free.

jinkypolly wrote: »
    Needs a bit of fine tuning but overall the idea is fine. The name of the ride, which generally means nothing, should not have the largest font and take precedence over the riders name. Time of rides should be displayed particularly for stationary trainer rides. The text seems squeezed yet there is plenty of white space between each ride.

yeah and thats why the koms, kudos need to be a tiny bit bigger or colourful.

site suffers from the same thing as a lot of apps (and this was true before), you have to get almost 1/3 of the way down the window to visually get to anything useful. Why is Activity Feed in such a giant font ! All those boxes make the page just too 'noisy'. Less is more in in this particular case.

Advertisement