Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used to watch true blood? Lafayette has died aged 39

Options
  • 08-07-2017 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭

Nelsan Ellis who was best known for playing Lafayette in true blood has died from heart failure. Sad to read this. He was the only character who made the show bearable at times, he really did a great job. RIP :(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Very talented actor, he was great in the James Brown biopic. Agreed about Lafayette, he was by far the best character on True Blood.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaSophia

One of the few reasons I stuck with that show til the end, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Ann_Landers

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Nelsan Ellis who was best known for playing Lafayette in true blood has died from heart failure. Sad to read this. He was the only character who made the show bearable at times, he really did a great job. RIP :(

RIP to the guy but why would you watch a show where you basically don't find any of the characters bearable? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

That's really sad.
    I read all the books too, the character dies early in the book series but in the TV series Lafayette was so popular with viewers they decided to keep him in it.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

RIP to the guy but why would you watch a show where you basically don't find any of the characters bearable? :confused:

Hot vampires. Duh

In fairness, I did say 'at times'! The other characters had their annoying moments, sometimes for entire seasons but Lafayette was always great to watch. probably one of the most memorable characters of any show I've watched

• Advertisement

Out of loyalty, most likely. True Blood was a great concept and had some terrific moments in the series but it did reach "jump the shark" territory after a few seasons. They added too many damn characters and ridiculous and/or boring sideplots. I never read the books, was led to believe that they are not very good and the series was much better.

Lafayette was a great character though. I loved how he was more than just a stereotypical gay character; he was very camp and flamboyant but also very tough and wouldn't hesitate to kick your ass! This scene is one of the best from the whole series:

Very sad that he died so young. :(

His role in Elementary was how I knew him. Very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I've only seen a bit of True Blood, but I remember him for the show. He was pretty good in it. 39 is too young.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

First series or so was good then they literally just started to pull the p*ss with inventing stuff like fairies and were panthers and what not. Only so far my sense of disbelief is willing to stretch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

True Blood is one of my favorite shows ever, despite the serious drop in quality in later seasons - and Lafayette was one of the best and most consistent things about it, too. That is genuinely such a bummer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement