Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Carbon Frame and Fork

• 18-11-2019 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭

It’s not a click bait title I swear!

I managed to crack the seat tube on my Ribble, and after having a chat with Stephen in Cycleplus, I decided to bring forward an upgrade I was going to do anyway.

It is repairable, at a cost of around €250 according to Stephen, so I want to see if anyone would like it before I take the fork off and bin the frame!

A few details, it’s a 52cm Ribble Endurance, Carbon Frame & Fork, not the lightest in the world, but the full bike weight around 7.8kg so certainly not a boat anchor.

Relaxed geometry so I found it pretty comfy. Takes 25’s for certain and you might just squeeze 28’s on. It’s quick release and post mount on both ends. It’ll take a 160 or 140mm disk on the fork but the rear brake only seems to have clearance for a 140. It’s mostly internally cabled too. Has a PF30 BB.

For anyone who wants it, here’s what can go with it.

-Frame
    -Fork
    -BB reducers to run 24mm cranks like Shimano
    -Headset/spacers/topcap
    -Rear hanger
    -Alloy Seatpost (Pro LT 400mm)

Collection from D15, and I even have a box to pack everything in to!

I’ll leave this up for a week or so, and I’ll get rid after that!

Pictures of the damage and what the frame looks like are attached

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

I'll take it please? I love hardship!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

8valve wrote: »
    I'll take it please? I love hardship!

It’s all yours!

Drop me a PM to organise collecting it!

you have two PMs! As I made a mess of the first one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭keoclassic

Second in line, would be nice in a technology room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

keoclassic wrote: »

I've a couple of broken full carbon forks if you want them. Corresponding face like a blind cobblers thumb to complete the narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you have such use for them, might be worth contacting your LBS in case they know of willing donors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭keoclassic

I've a couple of broken full carbon forks if you want them. Corresponding face like a blind cobblers thumb to complete the narrative.

If your in and around dublin, I can try and pick them up.

keoclassic; due to illness in the family, I now won't be able to travel to pick this up for he foreseeable future - it's all yours.

Apologies all, for the short notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

8valve wrote: »
    keoclassic; due to illness in the family, I now won't be able to travel to pick this up for he foreseeable future - it's all yours.

Apologies all, for the short notice.

No worries at all. Hope everything is okay!

Advertisement