Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request: Home Insurance Quote - Sticky thread

Options
  • 19-01-2021 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

I searched & found multiple threads on home insurance quotes.

The motor insurance forum has a useful sticky thread with quotes, I've used it in the past when comparing my current quote vs. other people's circumstances and it has proved useful by providing multiple company names and backgrounds of those of comparable valuation, vs. quotes received.

Would it be appropriate to add one here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Would it be appropriate to add one here?

I've been contributing to the motor insurance forum for several years now and never spotted that they had a sticky for quotes. Can't really see any value in it, given the number of variables involved when calculating motor premiums.

Getting a quote for home insurance takes no time at all, you give your address and the level of cover you require. I do it every year and usually end up switching between Axa and FBD. I wouldn't see any use in consulting a sticky thread.

Advertisement