Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting taxed on Jobseekers + Part Time Work

Options
  • 16-01-2021 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,

I started a job last October part time, 3 days a week. I came off PUP immediately and it took a couple of months for me to get my payments, but I got backdated payments towards the end of last year. I was also doing some casual retail work in December and I had the Revenue split my tax credits accordingly. Since I went back to my main work after Christmas, I have now started getting taxed on my wages plus my social welfare. They're taking about €53 off me per week, meaning that since I'm claiming part time Jobseekers, in actually €20 worse off a week than if I just worked my job and didnt claim.

Does this seem right? Should I just cancel my claim or is theres something I can do? I know JS is liable to tax if I work as well, but it just seems a bit messed up.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Your credits are probably still split.

You can check it online and make changes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 N1989

Darc19 wrote: »
    Your credits are probably still split.

You can check it online and make changes

So do I need to just put all my credits on my main job now? They were split evenly for my main and casual job before.

Advertisement