23-10-2020, 15:00   #1
onrail

Contracting to an Irish Company, based in the UK

I've been offered a year contract by a company in Dublin as a contractor, working remotely; however, I'm currently based in the UK (NI).

Having been an employee all my working life, I'm fairly in the dark when it comes to the world of contracting - especially given that this will have a cross border element.

The recruitment consultant I've been dealing with has begun speaking about working through an umbrella company etc, but ultimately, I want to be sure I'm not going to be taken for a ride before I sign up to anything.

I'm probably going to get some independent advice on this, but I'd like to have some idea of what's involved (through peoples experience) beforehand if I could.
Advertisement
24-10-2020, 21:02   #2
exaisle

I'd suggest you get some independent advice before you do anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onrail View Post
I've been offered a year contract by a company in Dublin as a contractor, working remotely; however, I'm currently based in the UK (NI).

Having been an employee all my working life, I'm fairly in the dark when it comes to the world of contracting - especially given that this will have a cross border element.

The recruitment consultant I've been dealing with has begun speaking about working through an umbrella company etc, but ultimately, I want to be sure I'm not going to be taken for a ride before I sign up to anything.

I'm probably going to get some independent advice on this, but I'd like to have some idea of what's involved (through peoples experience) beforehand if I could.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion