Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrong Pup Payments Total on myAccount

• 15-01-2021 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

My wife has been on/off the PUP payments twice during 2020. We checked her myaccount tax statement on ROS this morning and can see there seem to be an mistake in that Welfare has over reported that amount of PUP Payments she received. The figures seem to indicate two more payments than she actually got.  We cross checked the figures against the bank account where these payments only came into. She never got any in the post office etc. 

I guess we go back to Welfare to report this and not revenue? Just wondering which would be the best way to do this?   We'd check the payment history online using the welfare site, but she doesn't have a Public Services Card which seems to be required to do this. Is it best if she contacts Welfare on the phone etc. to try and resolve?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

Hi Mods,

Would it be possible to move this over to the taxation forum instead. I think it's more suited to there and I don't want to double post.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

I am in the exact same situation, on the PUP twice, revenue say I got €700 more than I did. I do know I am owed arrears from the first time I was on it from the date of unemployment to the week I applied for PUP. I haven't heard back from welfare about that yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭collsoft

Hi Darkside71,

This has confused a lot of people, but all social welfare benefits are taxed based on when they were accrued rather than when they were paid.

So, you may have received two payments in January 2021 which actually relate to benefit that you were entitled to in 2020.

Because of the way that the new year fell this year Social Welfare had essentially a Week 53 in 2020 but you likely were not paid until later in January.

Also, many people are forgetting about the Christmas bonus payment.

Anyway, hope this makes sense
    darkside71 wrote: »
    My wife has been on/off the PUP payments twice during 2020. We checked her myaccount tax statement on ROS this morning and can see there seem to be an mistake in that Welfare has over reported that amount of PUP Payments she received. The figures seem to indicate two more payments than she actually got.  We cross checked the figures against the bank account where these payments only came into. She never got any in the post office etc. 

I guess we go back to Welfare to report this and not revenue? Just wondering which would be the best way to do this?   We'd check the payment history online using the welfare site, but she doesn't have a Public Services Card which seems to be required to do this. Is it best if she contacts Welfare on the phone etc. to try and resolve?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭darkside71

Thanks Collsoft

My wife didn't get the Christmas Bonus, however your other explanation about there been a week 53 as such could explain this.

Appreciate your post :)
    collsoft wrote: »
    Hi Darkside71,

This has confused a lot of people, but all social welfare benefits are taxed based on when they were accrued rather than when they were paid.

So, you may have received two payments in January 2021 which actually relate to benefit that you were entitled to in 2020.

Because of the way that the new year fell this year Social Welfare had essentially a Week 53 in 2020 but you likely were not paid until later in January.

Also, many people are forgetting about the Christmas bonus payment.

Anyway, hope this makes sense

Advertisement