Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SW-1070 rf battery low

Options
  • 24-10-2020 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Hi

I've inherited the alarm system from the previous owner. It's 7 years old.

Unfortunately I've only got the user code. The installer never arrived to do another job, so I'm not inclined to contact him again.

I'm getting the message: device battery needs replacing.

I managed to replace the battery in the main panel in the attic, thanks to advice on another thread here.

1. Not being very technical, I'm not sure what is the battery on the external bell box, pic attached.

2. Do the 2 keypad panels inside the front and back doors have batteries?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

You could always try another installation company, everyone is very familiar with HKC as they are the market leaders.

RF Device is one of the wireless devices on the system, there are wireless keypads, but that does not automatically mean that your 2 are wireless.

The Wireless keypads are the same as their wired equivalent, but the wireless model is thicker than the wired one.
    Is there such a difference between your 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭outonawing

kub wrote: »
    You could always try another installation company, everyone is very familiar with HKC as they are the market leaders.

RF Device is one of the wireless devices on the system, there are wireless keypads, but that does not automatically mean that your 2 are wireless.

The Wireless keypads are the same as their wired equivalent, but the wireless model is thicker than the wired one.
    Is there such a difference between your 2 ?

Hi kub, thanks for the response. I've discovered that one of the keypads is wireless and it's screen is now blank. I managed to get it open and will replace the batteries on Tuesday. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

outonawing wrote: »
    Hi kub, thanks for the response. I've discovered that one of the keypads is wireless and it's screen is now blank. I managed to get it open and will replace the batteries on Tuesday. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

When wireless keypads are in standby mode, they go blank anyway. If you press the 0 button, that should wake it up. Are the batteries still in situ in that keypad ?
    Usually when awoken it will remain illuminated for around 1 minute.

When wireless keypads are in standby mode, they go blank anyway. If you press the 0 button, that should wake it up. Are the batteries still in situ in that keypad ?
    Usually when awoken it will remain illuminated for around 1 minute.

The batteries are still in it, but nothing happens when I press buttons.

outonawing wrote: »
    The batteries are still in it, but nothing happens when I press buttons.

Hopefully that is your issue, replace those tomorrow and let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

Hopefully that is your issue, replace those tomorrow and let us know how you get on.

Thanks kub, have to wait till after the holiday weekend to get the batteries. Will update you on Tuesday.

Good news, alarm working again, no faults.
    Replaced the batteries in the wireless keypad and wireless sensors.

Thanks for your help kub and big shout to DC for his advice. Boards.ie has some great members.

Advertisement