Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Yea I got it last year, it was nice.

Toy show treats have arrived :D

Where did you get the treats???

They look amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    Where did you get the treats???

They look amazing!!

A place on FB called Crannah Cakes. We’ve gotten loads off her, always lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Testing out my new red wine glasses tonight :D Has to be done!

I went a bit mad last night and ordered a virtual wine tasting package from ELY Maynooth last night. It seems to be aimed at people who want to try wines ahead of Christmas, but I've bought it for us to do on Christmas day. I'm just treating myself to everything this year. Sure why not? :pac:

https://shop.elywinebar.ie/collections/gifts/products/copy-of-copy-of-at-home-wine-tasting-christmas-dry-run?variant=37388505481383

Edited to add: I know this is the 2nd link I've posted to ELY in Maynooth. I don't work for them, I swear!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I love outdoor lights, and one neighbour, in particular, does a fantastic display.
    They put them up today, and they are just gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Off today, so just the grocery shop to do after I drop the kids to school & then its decrations time! Hopefully be done before it gets dark, though the outside lights may have to wait until tomorrow, but fingers crossed not.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Really struggling with the Christmas spirit today reading no household visits at all until the 18th and then back into lockdown again on the 2nd. That’s another month?! Just want to curl up in bed and wake up next year at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Off work today so the tree goes up!
    We already have a few bits done, garlands on the fireplace and hall table but the its the inside today and outside tomorrow.

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Off today, so just the grocery shop to do after I drop the kids to school & then its decrations time! Hopefully be done before it gets dark, though the outside lights may have to wait until tomorrow, but fingers crossed not.

Same. It’s decoration day for me too. Up now, getting the dog ready for doggie day care so I have a free house and full reign to clean and assemble the decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Toy Show day Elves and Happy Friday of course
    Happy Decorating to those all putting their trees up today

WFH today, full day for me today, I was in tears already before 9 am listening to the kids on RTE1 all excited and singing Jingle Bells, nearly lost it again hearing Simon Coveney Santa an essential worker :D

Gorgeous crisp morning where I am today, perfect Christmas morning weather

• Registered Users Posts: 30,267 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can’t believe it’s in four weeks.

Mothers presents are sorted now. Providing it al all arrives.
    Father was sorted during the week.
    Brother is tricky this year.
    Sister is in UAE and won’t be home but I’ll get her a few bits for when she’s back.
    I’ve a fair idea for the other few bits in getting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh lads I've no will power. Had a crap few days and saw a picture online my dad would love. Despite having his presents already, I couldn't resist 20%, free gift wrapping and free shipping!!

Looking forward to seeing some more tree pics in the photos thread later. It'll be another couple of weeks till ours goes up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Can feel the excitement in the last few posts. Good luck to all decorating today. Enjoy the Toy Show.

Looking forward to the photos too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,267 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Generally the day after The Toy Show there is a nice festive buzz around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Generally the day after The Toy Show there is a nice festive buzz around the place.

It's the start of Christmas for a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

And Christmas FM launching will really make the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

SarahLil wrote: »
    Gorgeous crisp morning where I am today, perfect Christmas morning weather

Lovely, bright and cold here as well, just finished a 6 mile walk at the nearby lake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DenMan

Looking forward to the Toy Show. The tree and decorations are up in the living room and the fire will be lit tonight. Enjoy the show tonight guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Really struggling with the Christmas spirit today reading no household visits at all until the 18th and then back into lockdown again on the 2nd. That’s another month?! Just want to curl up in bed and wake up next year at this stage
    This year has been really hard on everyone.
    It's normal to fell upset/low and very healthy to say so.
    Virtual hug !

Loughc wrote: »
    Same. It’s decoration day for me too. Up now, getting the dog ready for doggie day care so I have a free house and full reign to clean and assemble the decorations.
    I didn't know such thing existed !
    Would be a lovely surprise for the dog coming back home and finding it all transformed !

Enjoy the Toy Show, Christmas FM radio launch and the Week-end, everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

We put the Christmas decorations up in work today. Have to say it looks amazing. We work in emergency accommodation for the homeless and the mood can be a bit low at the best of times but this has given everyone a lift. Had the selection boxes out, Christmas songs playing, hot chocolate for everyone and all the kids helping out. Its given me a lovely fuzzy feeling.

Posy wrote: »
    Fili 'Merry Christmas' prosecco! Kd1ydKg.png?1

20181204_111818.jpg?w=176&zoom=2

I got myself non alcoholic Cava for me and the bump tonight :)
    OH will be doing the shopping this evening he is under strict instructions to bring home Toy Show Goodies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Cleaning and prep took longer than expected, both trees up, but not decorated yet, boxes of stuff everywhere, you'd swear we were moving house! Reckon outdoor decorating will be tomorrows job!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Two more neighbours busy with their outdoor lights.
    I love driving through the estate at night when the outdoor lights are all lit up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I just heard Christmas music in my local supervalu.It's the first time I've heard it in the wild.I was smiling away under my mask!

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Cleaning and prep took longer than expected, both trees up, but not decorated yet, boxes of stuff everywhere, you'd swear we were moving house! Reckon outdoor decorating will be tomorrows job!

Its hard work isn't it,

Advertisement