Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,838 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We’re into the 340’s!

84 days until Easter and we’ll have all the 300,s done about one third of the 200’s done by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

dubstepper wrote: »
    I'm switching to an artificial tree from next year. Preordered it. Will be delivered in August :)

My little one is perfect. Out here no real choice.....Unless I fell a real small fir...:These days the artificial ones are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Most of ours are down now, I’ve been sick so it’s been slow. I got the decorations and most of the lights off the tree last night so the rest is up to my husband because the dust would set me off. My sitting room is going to feel huge lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

This Saturday I am doing a faux Christmas dinner, chicken instead of turkey, ham, spuds and trimmings. My folks arrive this week (following a covid test and hopefully negative result) and I havent seen them in an age. Sadly all Christmas decoration are down however I may just throw a few things up to brighten the mood.

I have booked two weeks off for 2021 Christmas, lets hope I can get home for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

^^^ You will Jude, you can play driving home for Christmas while you're on the plane :)

Well have to get the ass in gear and take down the outside lights and the tree today, the wife and I had a chat about it and unfortunately it's time. We live in a circle of 35 houses around a green and I think we are the last tree up, have it lit this morning more as a closing ceremony than anything else, hate hate hate taking down the tree.

As mentioned above, each to their own but I prefer having a decent quality artificial tree, with a real one you have to plan not putting it up too early and it has to come down a bit earlier too but everyone is different.

Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,506 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Still a couple of houses out our way with their lights on last night. Noticed a few more with lights still up but not turned on. Wonder will they take them down today?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I shall get up soon and my lights are going on for the day and I'm lighting all the candles too. I'm thirty fourteen today, effectively live alone (I see my lodger about once a week) and can do whatever I bloody like :D Prosecco for breakfast it is!

Caranica wrote: »
    I shall get up soon and my lights are going on for the day and I'm lighting all the candles too. I'm thirty fourteen today, effectively live alone (I see my lodger about once a week) and can do whatever I bloody like :D Prosecco for breakfast it is!

Happy Birthday, very best wishes!
    Enjoy the Birthday breakfast as well:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy Birthday Caranica!:)

Happy birthday neighbour!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Happy birthday. Have it for dinner also!!

Happy Birthday!!! Have a lovely day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭Jude13

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday Caranica! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Birthday Caranica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Jude13 wrote: »
    This Saturday I am doing a faux Christmas dinner, chicken instead of turkey, ham, spuds and trimmings. My folks arrive this week (following a covid test and hopefully negative result) and I havent seen them in an age. Sadly all Christmas decoration are down however I may just throw a few things up to brighten the mood.

I have booked two weeks off for 2021 Christmas, lets hope I can get home for it.

I missed your excited coming home posts this year :( hopefully you will make it home next Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy birthday Car!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Still a couple of houses out our way with their lights on last night. Noticed a few more with lights still up but not turned on. Wonder will they take them down today?

I noticed loads on my walk this morning. Hopefully they’re still there for my evening walk.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Caranica wrote: »

Happy birthday :D

You don’t look a day over 20.

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    I missed your excited coming home posts this year :( hopefully you will make it home next Christmas

Me too. It was a staple in the build up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Happy Birthday Caranica!

Fireside and happy out ... Baby Boom has just started on RTE2. I know it’s an oldie but I think it’s a goodie. Hope everyone is having a good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,838 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Happy Birthday Caranica.

Odeta wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Caranica!

Fireside and happy out ... Baby Boom has just started on RTE2. I know it’s an oldie but I think it’s a goodie. Hope everyone is having a good day

It’s a day for the couch and relaxing. It’s what sundays were made for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭appledrop

Caranica when you birthday is during a lockdown you can do whatever you want including Processo for breakfast. Add some orange juice and its a very fancy buck fizz that you would get for breakfast in fancy hotel so pretend your on holidays!

House is sparkling now after the big clean, the decos are up in the attic, save for 4 things we've left in the kitchen, 2 aren't officially Christmas decorations :)

The fire is lit, and the roast is in the oven, time to stretch out on the couch :D

• Advertisement

Full Christmas Dinner for us today, minus the turkey. Be ready in about 40 minutes and I'm salivating at the thought of tucking in to it....

Full Christmas Dinner for us today, minus the turkey. Be ready in about 40 minutes and I'm salivating at the thought of tucking in to it....

I can confirm it was fab-u-lous!

Had a guinness as well so sat here now feeling fat and content... Time for Ireland fittest family to make us all feel guilty

Not!

I can confirm it was fab-u-lous!

Had a guinness as well so sat here now feeling fat and content... Time for Ireland fittest family to make us all feel guilty
    Not!

Had lamb shank, carrots, gravy and mash. Absolutely Devine. And also watching Ireland’s fittest family I love the show.

Loughc wrote: »
    Had lamb shank, carrots, gravy and mash. Absolutely Devine. And also watching Ireland’s fittest family I love the show.

Ooh, love lamb shanks... fall off the bone soft.... the absolute business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Took the tree done earlier and packed everything away. Took an age to do it because we categorized everything properly and also the order we will take the stuff out of the attic next time.
    Gave the place a good clean and the house looks huge again!!
    Brought the kids for a walk earlier and only saw 9 houses with lights and/or decorations still up. :(
    Had takeaway for dinner and let the kids watch Singin' In The Rain. They loved every minute of it.
    Time to tuck into the Quality Street for the evening now :D

• Advertisement

Just getting the kids ready for bed had a look out the window and none of the houses on our road have their lights on tonight... so looks like thats that for a few months.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Seen a good few houses with lights on yesterday afternoon, while walking the dog.
    Wonder how many, if any, will be left next week. :/

Hope you've had a lovely birthday, Caranica. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭gidget

Happy Birthday Caranica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Birthday Caranica :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Happy birthday!!

Happy belated birthday!!

My sitting room is an absolute top but my husband finally got the tree to the attic for me. I’ve still got little bits of decor around but I’ll be gradually bringing them to the attic this week as my work desk is up there.

My kiddos are sleeping better so getting the 6-7hrs straight as opposed to broken is really helping keep me in good spirits at the moment.

Have a great week everyone!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Took a good while to get to sleep last night, and a good while to drag myself out of bed this morning, but nothing compared to the horrors of last Monday!
    Hoping my sleep pattern continues to improve as January continues, although, boy was it dark this morning! :/

Posy wrote: »
    Hoping my sleep pattern continues to improve as January continues, although, boy was it dark this morning! :/

I was the same, I was wired last night, couldn't sleep for ages, and then alarm went off and I couldn't get up.

It was SO dark this morning!!

My sleep patterns seem to have returned to more or less normal, other than last Sunday night I've slept reasonably well all week. Though I have trouble sleeping at the best of times and go through terrible spells of 1-2 hours a night for days at a time.

We've another birthday today...
    Happy Birthday Anitmatterx :)

• Advertisement

jellybear wrote: »
    We've another birthday today...
    Happy Birthday Anitmatterx :)

Oh another poor January birthday. Happy Birthday Antimatterx :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Happy birthday antimatterx! Hope you have a lovely day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Happy Birthday guys.

Hope all had a good weekend.

On teaching and work duty this week so will pop in as and when I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Birthday antimatterx :)

Received a Christmas card in the post from my aunt in new York this morning, thought to myself she’s early for next year :D

Happy Birthday Antimatterx. Best wishes.

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh another poor January birthday.

We'll have another one next week..little ol me on Monday :)

Hope everyone's having a nice Monday. I got a bit nostalgic this morning and had a look at our wedding photos. Cannot wait to till we can all celebrate like that again :)
    Currently waiting on a delivery...I went a bit mad online shopping the last few days! Oh well, it's nice to treat myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey guys. Hope you're all keeping well. Rain is belting down here now for the day. Looking forward to this tonight if anybody else is interested. Marian Keyes is giving a free four week course on novel writing. It's live on her Instagram @7:30pm.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/people/arid-40203347.html?fbclid=IwAR3CPCVdMSPGrsTgq4ZBVtll33bvNWNwo3a5WxBT_M_niVPaXB7aysVAihs

Happy Birthday antimatterx! :)

• Advertisement

Happy birthday to all the Januarians!! Hope you all have a good day!

Advertisement