Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather Buoys

Options
  • 25-09-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Does anyone know what's going on with the weather buoys around Ireland? According to Met Eireann only M2, M3, and M6, are reporting. On marine.ie it is the same, M4 stopped updating on 20th Sept and M5 stopped on 19th Sept. I tried googling it but there's not much info. All I could find out was that M1 was taken out of operation and M6 moved into M1's place. I also read that funding was severely cut. Does that mean the buoys will not be put back into operation?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

One of them washed up in England this year so maybe that is where they went to. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

00bri wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's going on with the weather buoys around Ireland? According to Met Eireann only M2, M3, and M6, are reporting. On marine.ie it is the same, M4 stopped updating on 20th Sept and M5 stopped on 19th Sept. I tried googling it but there's not much info. All I could find out was that M1 was taken out of operation and M6 moved into M1's place. I also read that funding was severely cut. Does that mean the buoys will not be put back into operation?

Thanks

E-mail here customer.liaison@met.ie or you can PM meteireann on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 21 00bri

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

There's more information on their status at http://www.marine.ie/home/publicationsdata/data/buoys/

Advertisement