Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ross/Wexford/Waterford Wicca Group

Options
  • 05-05-2008 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

There isn't a lot going on in our corner of the world for Wiccans. I'd like to start a group for those of us studying the Craft to meet regularly.

Disclaimer: I am not starting a Coven. I have no authority to and I don't know if I even want to take that path in my own Pagan discovery.

Depending on interest, we could hire out a small venue somewhere or even come to my home (once I'm assured none of you are going to kill me, lol). I'm sure something could be worked out.

It would just be nice if those of us starting out on our path -- or even those who have been studying for a while -- could meet and learn together. It would be, I feel, an amazing sharing experience. It would also be of benefit to form a small group with whom we could celebrate the Pagan festivities.

I know there are a couple of monthly meets going on elsewhere in the region, but they're so far out the way for someone like me (who doesn't drive -- public transportation isn't always viable). I would, of course, love to attend those meetings and engage with those more experienced than me, but it just isn't possible for me to get to them. I need something closer to home -- hence, starting this new group in my area, for interaction with others in my area.

I'd also like to form a group that meets more regularly. I don't know about you, but I am constantly reading and studying and I learn so much in an average day -- only having two hours a month doesn't seem enough time to share all my new learnings.

PM me if you're interested.

Blessed be,
    - Lisa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hi lisa6360

So you are looking to set up a seeker's study group then ?
    Fair play to you that is not with out it's perils and joys I wish you well with it.
    May I also suggest that you put an entry in Witchvox.com.

You know you are free to start dicussions here on any of the topics you wish.
    There are a few of us who are of the Wicca that post in this forum and will be happy to help as our oaths allow.

There is also a mailing list that you may be intrested in which is chock full of discussion as it is with intiates and craft elders of a couple of traditions and in several countries.
    http://amberandjet.spiralpaths.org/

Do you have a book list for the group or a list of topics you are hoping to discuss or will
    it be a chance to share personal experiences and see the light of understanding in someone else ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wiccagirl

i would love a wiccan group to start. i'm from arklow and i would love agroup of people to talk to face to face about wicca. :)

i'v been into wicca for a good few years even though i'm 21 i feel i know a good bit. i just need what other people need and thats a group of people to talk to.

come on people lets start this group with lisa 6360

Advertisement