Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Waterford city

Options
  • 22-09-2019 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

I'm considering buying 1-2 bed apartment in Waterford city . I would probably live in it myself for 6 to 12 months and then rent it. Would appreciate advice on where would be decent and where to absolutely avoid ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

Having lived right beside them. I would avoid Penrose court and Penrose lane. It's cheap for a reason. If at all possible avoid apartment blocks in that area with the exception of the courtyard apartments.

My two cents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Agreed on Penrose Court.

How about the Old Infirmary. Good location, parking, and a 5 minute walk from the city centre.

It'll cost you a bit more than the likes of Penrose Court, but it's a much nicer area.

Then there are various apartments out the Dunmore Road, like Glen Cove, and Ardkeen Village. But you're 5km + outside the city centre there, and they're quite a bit more expensive than the Old Infirmary.

Do you have anything in mind yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I was thinking railway square

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    I was thinking railway square

Students.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Horusire wrote: »
    Students.

I agree . Railway Square crossed my mind too, but yeah, students. Not only will they be living in the complex, but they also tend to congregate on Railway Square and Manor St, on the way to and from John st, on nights out (i.e. every weeknight during term), and they can be quite noisy.

• Advertisement

The apartments in waters gate look nice but I rarely see them for sale, what kind of money would you be talking for this?

https://www.daft.ie/waterford/apartments-for-rent/waterford-city/apt-waters-gate-bilberry-waterford-city-waterford-1967775/#img=4

Is hiring an estate agent a good or bad idea.? If the agenvy is hired to collect the rent and someone has a bad tenent will it be up to the estate agency as property mangers to take care of the legal aspect side of things

Advertisement