Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-09-2019, 11:07   #1
FishOnABike

Problems using AIB Visa Debit card ?

Has anyone else found the AIB Visa Debit card to be unreliable?

I frequently encounter problems with the chip being read in a POS card reader of one of the large supermarket chains. The cashier remarked that it was usually AIB cards they have problems with.

As a result I often end up having to use the magstripe if the total is over the €30 tap and go limit. Today, having had to fall back to magstripe due to the chip fasiling to be read, AIB declined the transaction via magstripe although there is more than enough funds in my account.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems / are all banks cards + systems as unreliable?
Advertisement
20-09-2019, 07:00   #2
McGaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishOnABike View Post
Has anyone else found the AIB Visa Debit card to be unreliable?

I frequently encounter problems with the chip being read in a POS card reader of one of the large supermarket chains. The cashier remarked that it was usually AIB cards they have problems with.

As a result I often end up having to use the magstripe if the total is over the €30 tap and go limit. Today, having had to fall back to magstripe due to the chip fasiling to be read, AIB declined the transaction via magstripe although there is more than enough funds in my account.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems / are all banks cards + systems as unreliable?
Never had it happen, but I left AIB 15 years ago.
26-09-2019, 00:38   #3
gandalf

Yep 50% of the time it takes several tries to get my AIB Debit card to work. Have had to swipe it a couple of times as well.
26-09-2019, 18:33   #4
Mrs OBumble

No problems ever before.

But tried to use it in an ATM tonight and it said there was a problem with the card :-(
26-09-2019, 18:44   #5
Cocobongo

Never a single issue with AIB bank / card itself - maybe i just got lucky, although moved from BOI and never been happier

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion