Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance personal trainer

Options
  • 15-09-2019 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hello! I work as fitness instructor and lifeguard in a gym. Some my co workers do extra money with PT clients and I would like to start. My manager said I need my own insurance for PT clients.. I am terrible with these kinda things and I have no clue where to start to get my own insurance.. any tips??

P.s.
    I have already Googled "personal trainer insurance Ireland" and I am still confused for the fact that I will be training my clients in the gym where I work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

You just need public liaibility cover. Cost you about €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I think what the OP needs is professional liability insurance - public liability covers you when your neighbour calls to visit and trips over a bump in your carpet. OP's situation relates to the provision of a professional servce which is different.

The gym will probaly insist that your policy indemnifies them i.e. if anyone sues you then your policy will pick up the tab for any injury/damage attritutabe both to you and the gym. That estimate above sounds a bit low though I confess to having no direct knowledge of the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Public liability covers any injury to third parties i.e. members of the public. They probably through in a bit of professional indemnity. But lets get lost in the language of it. If you call a broker and ask for public liaiblity cover as a personal trainer they will know what you are after.

Balens do it / used to do it. BGi also do it. But you'll need to get it through a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Itainire wrote: »
    Hello! I work as fitness instructor and lifeguard in a gym. Some my co workers do extra money with PT clients and I would like to start. My manager said I need my own insurance for PT clients.. I am terrible with these kinda things and I have no clue where to start to get my own insurance.. any tips??

P.s.
    I have already Googled "personal trainer insurance Ireland" and I am still confused for the fact that I will be training my clients in the gym where I work

Are youa quallified instructor/PT? If so try these guys. good luck with the new venture!

https://www.balens.co.uk/

https://irishtherapists.ie/insurance-details-complementary-therapists-ireland-discounted-rates.php

Advertisement