Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inheritance Tax Insurance/Section 72 Life Insurance

Options
  • 18-09-2019 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, does anyone have any experience, knowledge or opinions on Section 72 life insurance policies, I believe they are policies that cover inheritance tax liabilities? They have come up for discussion amongst my family recently and I would be interested to hear opinions on them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Google is your friend

very easy to find this out

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Talitha

Thanks for your reply. I have found information about them, but I'm interested in hearing of anyone's personal experience or opinions on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Speak to a Certified Financial Planner. Not a topic to rely on advise from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Talitha wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. I have found information about them, but I'm interested in hearing of anyone's personal experience or opinions on them.

As a concept, an approved Section 72 life insurance policy is always a more tax efficient way to provide a lump sum to pay a CAT liability on death....the trickier bit can be working out the liability if the likes of a business or farm is involved as there are huge reliefs available here.

Advertisement