Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New MSc Human Nutrition and Dietetics UL

Options
  • 07-12-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi

I contacted UL about this programme, to see if it would lead to accreditation as a Dietician.

This info may be helpful to others. I would love to get a discussion going about this as I for one am very interested in becoming a Dietician but am not in a position to travel to Dublin/Cork or Coleraine.

"Please note this is a new programme launched in September 2018 and hence is not yet approved by CORU, as per the information on our website an application to seek approval will be made in the second year of course delivery. Once the course has been accredited by CORU, which is envisaged to occur towards the end of the course delivery, then students will be able to apply for their own CORU registration to practice as a Dietician.

The entry requirements for the MSc in Human Nutrition and Dietetics are as follows:

Minimum of a second class honours primary degree (Level 8 National Qualifications Authority of Ireland) or a postgraduate degree (Level 9 National Qualifications Authority of Ireland). Applicants must have successfully completed the units Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology and Human Physiology (NFQ level 8 or higher) as part of the primary or postgraduate degree or other relevant degree from a recognised University. Candidates may apply to this programme in the final semester of an undergraduate programme and must produce evidence that all requirements for postgraduate study are met before entering the programme.

Applicants must also satisfy the English Language Requirements* of the University. The University reserves the right to shortlist and interview applicants as deemed necessary. Successful completion of the Garda clearance process, Health Screening & Vaccinations Certification and CPR certification are programme requirements for this degree programme. Health Screening/Vaccination Certificates will incur costs to the student.

Applications must include

· A completed postgraduate studies application form (online)

· Qualification transcripts and certificates (to include transcripts of the prerequisite units chemistry, biochemistry, biology, human physiology) including certified English translations of your transcripts/certificates where the originals are in a language other than English.

· An up to date Curriculum Vitae

· 2 references (one academic and one employment related).

· English language qualification if English is not your first language.

· A copy of your birth certificate (long document).

Due to limited places, applicants will be shortlisted according to academic merit, CV and Referee reports, prior experience and recent postgraduate studies where relevant. Applicants may be interviewed.

For further information on the programme please view here. Please note the online application portal for this programme opens in late October or early November 2018 for the September 2019 intake. The application portal closes in early February 2019, I would recommend you apply at your earliest convenience to ensure you do not miss the deadline.

Please be advised that this is a new programme and so it is possible that the application process may change slightly in the future; I recommend you keep an eye on the programme outline page and the entry requirements over the coming months which can be viewed here.

In order to obtain accurate and current information on the student fees for this programme please to contact the fees office who will be best able to advise you. Their email is student.fees.office@ul.ie

I hope this information is helpful, if you have any further questions or queries then please don’t hesitate to contact me."
    Tagged:

Advertisement