Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating advice

Options
  • 01-06-2020 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hey guys,
    So i recently went on a date the guy seemed very interested anyhow we had a nice walk ,he then texted me the same day saying he will be thinking of me.
    We proceeded to text for awhile but i went to bed didnt respond to his last message.
    The next day Blank silence although he was online.
    Now im playing it cool i didnt text him all day but what would u do ?
    Should i wait for him or should i text first ?
    I know this is super stupid to Ask 😂 btw i suppose when u like someone u Ask stupid questions haha
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Simi

<Snip> There is no need to quote the full post.

Just text him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

<Snip> There is no need to quote the full post.

Is the obvious thing not to just text him back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 starrygleam11

Is the obvious thing not to just text him back?

Yeah i suppose im just overthinking thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Did you reply the next morning or not at all? Who sent the last message?

It doesn’t really matter either way, I just wanted to clarify first.

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

So, you were also online all day and didn't message him?
    Had you not responded to his last message? Do you not think he's thinking exactly the same as you are? Especially if he messaged you last, you didn't reply and you are showing as online all day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

I dont think playing games is the best way to find a partner. i dont subscribe to 'treat them mean, keep them keen' or any other variant where someone doesn't answer messages for 24 hours to be seen as
    playing it cool
    . I just think treating someone with the same respect you would like them to show you is a better course of action.

At this early stage it can fizzle out, or not work out for a myriad of reasons. But your perceived lack of interest would be a very silly reason indeed. If you put yourself into his shoes, how would you feel if he ignored a text for a day while online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

No need to over think it or play mind games. If you want to see him again just text him and suggest another date.

What's there to lose? If says yes, you see each other again, result! If he says no or doesn't reply then you avoid wasting time on someone who isn't interested. Their loss.

Sitting silently in limbo wondering is just a pointless head wreck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 starrygleam11

Hey guys thank you for the feedback !

You are all right i did text him so all good.
    As Regards to what i posted its not out of no respect although its seems like it im just super shy and as anyone stated if someone isn't interested i dont wanna Annoy them but like the post above said sitting and waiting wont do anything ill work on that
    thank you everyone
    have a lovely day and stay safe!!

Advertisement