Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autolines car dealership

• 12-12-2018 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about a car dealership close to Nenagh called Autolines

Their website looks allright with lots of shiny looking cars, can't find any feedback/reviews on them anywhere on the net

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

supernova5 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about a car dealership close to Nenagh called Autolines

Their website looks allright with lots of shiny looking cars, can't find any feedback/reviews on them anywhere on the net

selling a lot of cars , sound blokes

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭supernova5

have you bought from them?

was just a bit wary and wondering why they don't even show up on a google search under " car dealerships around Nenagh or Tipperary" all the rest of the dealers show up

also each car registration is covered over with a generic " Autolines" plate

I haven't bought from them, but there are any number of reputable dealers in NI. I bought from Donnelly motor group in Dungannon but I think they're all over the North. I feel there are more advantages to going with one of the big boys in terms of security than with a smaller or independent dealership.
    • they carried out their own full service, replaced bulbs, wipers etc. where required
    • gave their own warranty to cover up until the expiration of the manufacturer's warranty
    • provide a collect & replace service as pat of the warranty (they'll collect the car if it breaks down and give me the loan of a car until the issue is resolved)
    • DELIVERED the car to Dublin for me
    I was a bit unsure of taking them up on the delivery option (as I wanted to see what the new whip was like on the M1) but it made sense in the end, as it saved money on petrol up and back in the old car and diesel back in the new car, which is a total of ~460km worth of fuel.

We just had to drop the driver to Connolly station so he could get the train back up. Great service and highly recommend them. PM me if you want any contact details (or anybody else for that matter).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

supernova5 wrote: »
    have you bought from them?

was just a bit wary and wondering why they don't even show up on a google search under " car dealerships around Nenagh or Tipperary" all the rest of the dealers show up

also each car registration is covered over with a generic " Autolines" plate

Had dealings with them non car related. The autolines plate is usually on the UK reg cars any car I done a mot history check on came back 100 %. as declared.. On phone now but there are reviews on the net and and also a post here on boards. The price is for all vrt paid and on Irish plates with nct if applicable.

I intend asking them to source a 4x4. for me in the new year.

I bought a car from them recently - they have a load of peugeot 308 diesel estates that are low mileage uk fleet imports. I picked one up at a nice price and it's spotless. They had it NCTd and VRTd in a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Limerick 37.5

Any news on this dealer, the yard is empty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Place shut down just before Christmas.
    All cars were removed almost overnight.
    Lots of stories floating around about government agencies being involved in the close down. Don’t know how true they are.
    Place is “to let” now.

Interesting - do you know if the Government agencies were Irish or British?

Still thrilled with the bus I got my missus through them, and sorry they're gone as I would have definitely been talking to them for my next car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They had a huge amount of cars the last time I passed that way, all UK imports. They turned it into a fine site but it was off the beaten track these days being on the old N7 unless you were specifically looking for them.

Don't know the specifics of this business or what they were at but there seems to be a bit of an uptake in fronting going on in the second hand motor trade in the last number of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hearsay and allegations removed. Use sources please

Advertisement