Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Telescope Advice Please

Options
  • 26-11-2020 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi, have just bought my first telescope after several years of using binoculars. After much research I went for the Orion Starblast Astro 6".It just seemed the best option for my own requirements, not too big but still decent aperture, portability, seems easy enough to use. Also gets pretty solid reviews. I also ordered a moon filter and the Barlow × 2 to go with included eyepieces 25 and 10mm Plossls.
    I would appreciate any advice in relation to how best to store it and also what to be aware of when using it, particularly any info with regard to things like dew. Or any other issues I may encounter as a novice.
    I was planning on just storing it fully set up in a corner of my living room. Good or bad move?
    Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭ps200306

Leaving it set up is no problem. For use on dewy nights you can get a fancy tube warmer or, much easier if you have power available nearby, just blow a warm hairdryer on it every now and again. All you need is to keep the mirror above the dew point.

Advertisement