Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassins Creed Valhalla (Vikings)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Gonna miss the Sparta Kick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

12: There will be larger varienty of animals to ride, including bears, and wolves.

13: Players will be able to fully explore 4 major england kingdoms, Wessex, Northumbria, East Anglia, and Mercia. Included cities being for example London, Winchester, and York. We will also have access to part of Norway, and players will be able to freely travel between the two countries.

The downside is there is no Ireland but on the upside there is mountable bears

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Gonna miss the Sparta Kick :(

Yep. Nothing better then sneaking up behind someone at a high edge. Then boom! What's the weather down there like lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

ERG89 wrote: »
    The downside is there is no Ireland but on the upside there is mountable bears

I'm pretty sure they hinted at locations other than Norway and England, but were keeping it quiet for story reasons. Well, at least one outlet reported it I think? So maybe...

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they hinted at locations other than Norway and England, but were keeping it quiet for story reasons. Well, at least one outlet reported it I think? So maybe...

Fingers crossed for a secret mission in Carlow. Mup the Scallion Eaters.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Have they still the dame overarching story and would it matter if I'm about seven titles behind? Last one I played was Black Fleg.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

s1ippy wrote: »
    Have they still the dame overarching story and would it matter if I'm about seven titles behind? Last one I played was Black Fleg.

Each one is its own game, no need to play any of the others, although I would recommend you play origins and odyssey .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

s1ippy wrote: »

Technically yes, but not really. That main arc of that storyline in present-day Black Flag ended in AC: Syndicate (well, technically it ended in a comic book after AC: Synidate). Really though the same Assassins V Templars battle is still going on, but there's been a new modern day protagonist called Layla in the last two games. I didn't really play the first one, and there's probably still not a lot to know from the second one. I'd say you're grand. Bound to be maybe a recap or you could check Youtube for similar before Valhalla comes out, should get you up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Mr Crispy wrote: »

the might go down the fictional route and include the battle of Clontarf ;););)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Penn wrote: »
    I definitely wouldn't miss the naval combat. It was okay in previous games, but was an unnecessary drain on resources and time.
    I loved the naval combat in previous AC games.

While you are out sailing, a shipmate would shout out "it's the Man O' War Captain! Will we sink it?!?!

Captain: Argh!!...well...aye!!

• Advertisement

recyclops wrote: »
    the might go down the fictional route and include the battle of Clontarf ;););)

:pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I loved the naval combat in previous AC games.

While you are out sailing, a shipmate would shout out "it's the Man O' War Captain! Will we sink it?!?!

Captain: Argh!!...well...aye!!

I'm the opposite, found them annoying and overly long. I won't miss them anyway.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, found them annoying and overly long. I won't miss them anyway.

Yeah they were okay to begin with, but over time they just got annoying, especially when you had to do so much sailing to get to new islands and end up either having to fight ships or try go around them/outrun them. It just became a real drag, and a drain on resources better spent on weapons/armour but that you need to throw some into your ship because you can't always avoid the naval combat.

Unless they had plans to massively overhaul the naval combat, I'd much prefer it just be left out this time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Burnt out on ship combat but I think black flag did it the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Ridley

Penn wrote: »
    Technically yes, but not really. That main arc of that storyline in present-day Black Flag ended in AC: Syndicate (well, technically it ended in a comic book after AC: Synidate). Really though the same Assassins V Templars battle is still going on, but there's been a new modern day protagonist called Layla in the last two games. I didn't really play the first one, and there's probably still not a lot to know from the second one. I'd say you're grand. Bound to be maybe a recap or you could check Youtube for similar before Valhalla comes out, should get you up to speed.

Next to nothing in the Origins modern day story. Layla was ex-Abstergo then becomes an Assassin at the end.

Can't imagine Valhalla won't bring people up to speed for Odyssey.
    LAYLA: Boy, I'm sure glad that I, an archaeologist as far as anyone needs to know, put that ancient artifact in a box before I came on holiday to Norway. Maybe I should wash off this blood on my hands. Oh no, I've fallen palm first into this Animus!
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The whole animus stuff really boils my piss and is nothing but a time sink.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A gameplay trailer with no actual gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Gameplay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    A gameplay trailer with no actual gameplay.

Comment on NeoGaf: "You play as a cinematic camera" :pac:

• Advertisement

You'll all be eating your words when the game just turns out to be a 42 hour long movie.

That's a "loud" trailer not a bit like what an assassin should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

People are still forgetting that Vikings were around before Assassins, so makes sense it wouldn't be assassiney like the first few games, and it's more a setting and explanation of (most likely) the origins of the First Civilisation. Another in the world of AC, rather than a direct AC game.

It does sound like it's going to be more 'realistic' than Odyssey, but I still hope they get the lore intertwined in nicely too. I loved that about Odyssey, so more of that please. Will be interesting to see how they handle the more, animalistic, nature of raiding, if it's even mentioned at all (it's a toughie).

But most of all, I'm really looking forward to maintaining my beard in game. And for that reason, I hope the male voice actor is good in this one. I expect beards to have the most options!! #morebeardsingames

Decided to go back to Odyssey and finish the DLC. God it's a fun game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

People are still forgetting that Vikings were around before Assassins

The events in Origins happened about 800 years before Vikings started raiding England so assassins were definitely around. Depending on the exact date it's only 100-200 years off Altairs time, there's assassins aplenty about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Black Flag and AC III had great ship combat and I enjoyed the shanties and general thrill of boarding a ship but in the case of Black Flag the grind to max out the ship was too much. I'm about ready to see the back of it now.

Grind in an Assassins Creed Game? Well i never...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

After watching the gameplay it has a whiff of For Honour off it. Hope not as didn't care for that game at all.

One of the season pass missions will feature
    Beowulf
    . It was let slip on Ubi Germany's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

From an Ubisoft producer on an interview contradicting an earlier claim on size;

"I would actually say in terms of range [Valhalla] is probably a bit larger than Assassins Creed Odyssey," said Laferrière. I do not have the exact figures at this stage, but we have not only created the whole country, which is in this case England, but also to a good part of Norway too."

Larger maps have become such a put off when they're crammed with filler. I'd prefer a small denser map but if they're pushing the size out, they really need to ensure it's interesting and worthwhile.

• Advertisement
Advertisement