Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi €4.99 DVD's 5/6

• 04-06-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭

Aldi have a large range of relatively recent films on sale from tomorrow including the likes of Argo and Jack Reacher etc. Check out their in store leaflet online for the full list. They are relatively recent releases for a €4.99 price point.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Films for Him

Titles include: Gangster Squad, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Parker, Godfather Part 1, Godfather Part 2, Godfather Part 3, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Paranormal Activity 4, The Last of the Mohicans, Wrath of the Titans, Crocodile Dundee 1 & 2, Under Siege 1 & 2, Die Hard 5: A Good Day to Die Hard, Lincoln, Trance (2013), The Tree of Life/The Thin Red Line Double Pack, Taken/Hitman/Max Payne Triple Pack, Die Hard/Die Hard 2 Double Pack, The Full Monty/History Boys Double Pack, Street Kings/Street Kings 2 Double Pack

Big Night In

Titles include: Life of Pi, Rio, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Marley and Me 1 & 2, Selena Gomez Double Pack, The Big Year, Ice Age & Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, Parental Guidance, Anne Hathaway Box Set, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Flight, Argo, Jack Reacher, Hangover 2, Anchorman, Ocean's Trilogy, Sherlock Holmes 2: A Game of Shadows, Dream House, Once Upon a Time in America Special Edition, The Woman in Black, The King's Speech

Family

Titles include: Jack the Giant Slayer, Sammy's Great Escape, Happy Feet 2, Lego Hero Factory, Lego Hero Factory: Savage Planet, Harry Potter 1: The Philosopher's Stone, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part A, Harry Potter: The Deathly Hallows Part B, Charlie and The Chocolate Factory, Gremlins 1 & 2, Hoodwinked, Deep Impact Special Edition, Forrest Gump, Singin' in the Rain

Comedy

Titles include: Mrs Brown's Boys Season 1, Life's Too Short, Channel 4's Comedy Gala (2013), An Idiot Abroad 2, I'm Alan Partridge Series 1, I'm Alan Partridge Series 2, Ted, Life of Brian/Monty Python and the Holy Grail Triple Pack, Grown Ups

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Oh yeah, those shiny discs with movies on them. Those were the days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

where the hell are the blu-rays? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Sam Mac wrote: »
    where the hell are the blu-rays? :p

Sun related

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

T-Maxx wrote: »
    There will be a programmes on the box in 50 years time about the value of an 'original' DVD, in mint condition, of some films selling for tens of thousands and you could have paid for your nursing home if only you had the foresight to spend €4.99 in Aldi in 2014!

Don't say I didn't tell you!!!!!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

T-Maxx wrote: »

Jesus, every time there's a BA about DVDs, CDs, or anything else for that matter, some comic genius has to chime in with "OMG I can't believe people are still buying DVDs" or "You could get that for half the price on www.dodgycrap.cn"

This is a bargain if you're interested in buying DVDs. If you're not interested, don't click into the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭bren2001

Jesus, every time there's a BA about DVDs, CDs, or anything else for that matter, some comic genius has to chime in with "OMG I can't believe people are still buying DVDs" or "You could get that for half the price on www.dodgycrap.cn"

This is a bargain if you're interested in buying DVDs. If you're not interested, don't click into the thread.

Why did I click the link to dodgycrap.cn.....:confused:

Was in my local Aldi earlier and the DVD section is very popular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Yay got Batman! Seen it countless times from dodgycrap.cn, but for me you cant beat owning something tangible sometimes :P.

Only trouble is that I also got a pair of suit socks, a luggage scale, a set of earphones with built in mic and a bloody bonsai tree........ :eek:

Thanks OP

• Advertisement

T-Bird wrote: »
    Yay got Batman! Seen it countless times from dodgycrap.cn, but for me you cant beat owning something tangible sometimes :P.

Only trouble is that I also got a pair of suit socks, a luggage scale, a set of earphones with built in mic and a bloody bonsai tree........ :eek:

Thanks OP

Sounds like your planning a trip on Ryanair (the luggage scale) to bring the Bonsai tree as a gift to someone while you relax to your tunes with the Aldi earphones and comfortable new socks........ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,568 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Defo must try for the Monty Python pack

Advertisement