Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recaro Young Sport

Options
  • 05-06-2014 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭

Now half price in halfords €104.99

even cheaper than the uk price of £135

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

It doesn't matter what it is in BA, if it's cheaper than the UK we must buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭epopnomis

So are these any good? Anyone have any experience with em... Have no idea of what to look for in a car seat... Looks comfortable though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

sorry i should of explained what it is .

I have one already and have reserved another one now

Its a fantastic car seat valid from approx 9 months upwards................
    I have been keeping an eye on the price of them and was going to get one up north next week but when i saw the euro price i couldn't believe it. Recaro are a premium car seat maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Well I just ordered one there in Carlow, can't seem to get back into the site now, maybe they've sussed it out as a misprice.

• Advertisement

still available in waterford tralee and limerick stores at €104.99

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Recaro make great racing seats for adults but for child seats, go with an expert maker like maxi cosi, or preferably something rear facing. http://www.rearfacing.co.uk

Which give this seat 1 out of 5, BTW.
    http://www.which.co.uk/baby-and-child/baby-transport/reviews/child-car-seats/recaro-young-sport/review/

It may look cool having junior in a Recaro (and I was tempted to get one too when mini me was born) but the reality is that rear facing is far and away the safest position and if you go forward facing, go with a dedicated child seat maker.

Anyway, that's my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Pique wrote: »
    Recaro make great racing seats for adults but for child seats, go with an expert maker like maxi cosi, or preferably something rear facing. http://www.rearfacing.co.uk

Which give this seat 1 out of 5, BTW.
    http://www.which.co.uk/baby-and-child/baby-transport/reviews/child-car-seats/recaro-young-sport/review/

It may look cool having junior in a Recaro (and I was tempted to get one too when mini me was born) but the reality is that rear facing is far and away the safest position and if you go forward facing, go with a dedicated child seat maker.

Anyway, that's my 2c.

Age up to 12 or 36kg... you'd look well in a rear facing seat still at that age :)
    Recaro, in every European test done has always fared very well with safety standards, in car seats and we all know their automotive seat quality.
    Their child seats are usually slightly heavier than other brands, except their newest range.
    A seat that does 3 different groups will never be the most comfortable for one end of the spectrum, whether a 9 month old or a 12 year old.
    Rear facing until a year old is recommended, not 9 months really.

My sister has 3 car seats and tried 3 different brands and the Recaro she has is the one all her kids want because it's most comfortable
    I have 2, the rear facing and Young Expert Plus both with isofix.
    The latter is only for up to 4ish years old but where some parents take their kids to a booster seat with seat belt i just bought one of these BA's for when my 3 year old needs it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

niallam wrote: »
    Age up to 12 or 36kg... you'd look well in a rear facing seat still at that age :)
    Recaro, in every European test done has always fared very well with safety standards, in car seats and we all know their automotive seat quality.
    Their child seats are usually slightly heavier than other brands, except their newest range.
    A seat that does 3 different groups will never be the most comfortable for one end of the spectrum, whether a 9 month old or a 12 year old.
    Rear facing until a year old is recommended, not 9 months really.

My sister has 3 car seats and tried 3 different brands and the Recaro she has is the one all her kids want because it's most comfortable
    I have 2, the rear facing and Young Expert Plus both with isofix.
    The latter is only for up to 4ish years old but where some parents take their kids to a booster seat with seat belt i just bought one of these BA's for when my 3 year old needs it.

Please read the site I linked to, and especially this page http://www.rearfacing.co.uk/facts.php

I'm not dissing Recaro specifically, nor the individuals right to choose.

However, the attitude in the UK and Ireland is that rear facing is for babies and then stick them in a forward facing seat, and all the better if it's under a hundred euro.
    I was more or less the same until I read the science and research behind rear facing and it's benefits. A recent RSA 'check your car seat' day exposed how they are thought of by the experts when the official pointed to our seat as an example of the best type to use.

Yes, they are expensive, very! But if used until the kid is 4, you are safe in the knowledge that you spent wisely and your kid is as safe as can be.

I now sound like a shill for some car seat company, but I assure you I'm not, but I think the common perception surrounding rear facing could do with an update.

I am delighted with my existing recaro young sport and my recaro Milano. that is my experience of them, in addition I have had maxi cosi, britax and cossato. if I saw them for half price I would of posted the same in bargain alerts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement