Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with a triton electric shower

Options
  • 06-11-2020 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

It was working fine the previous time I showered, and I could have warm water when it was set to 4. But now even at 6, it's freezing, and at 7 it's scalding hot. I don't have the knowledge or confidence to take it apart and fix it myself. I just want an idea of when the problem could be. I'm sorry if I posting in the wrong forum.

Edit: It's only a year old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What model triton do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Troubleshooting tips for electric shower: https://www.dublinshowerrepair.com/troubleshooting/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

likely a dying thermostat, ive had it with two of them once they get to 10 years plus old

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

likely a dying thermostat, ive had it with two of them once they get to 10 years plus old

But it's only a year old. I should add that to my first post.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    What model triton do you have?

I'll have to check in the morning, as I'm in bed now. Completely slipped my mind to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They come with a 2 year warranty
    If your shower develops a fault either in or out of the guarantee period please contact us. You can do this by email to sales@earthridge.ie or by calling our service department on (01) 628 6845.

https://www.tritonshowers.ie/help-and-support/support/product-guarantees

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭greasepalm

With some of the showers one can adjust the heat setting 1-2-3 as the higher the number the hotter the water,reducing to 2 will give cooler water and the hot cold adjusts the flow rate for adjusting hot cold.

greasepalm wrote: »
    With some of the showers one can adjust the heat setting 1-2-3 as the higher the number the hotter the water,reducing to 2 will give cooler water and the hot cold adjusts the flow rate for adjusting hot cold.

I can adjust the water but it goes straight from freezing cold to scalding hot, none inbetween at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,297 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You could try remove the shower head and check what the temperature is coming out of the hose, it could be the shower head is blocked up with limescale.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭TheChizler

_Godot_ wrote: »
    I can adjust the water but it goes straight from freezing cold to scalding hot, none inbetween at all.
    Have you tried turning the hear right down and slowly turning it up? If you have it set too hot the thermostat might be kicking in and turning off the heat. Do you hear a click while it's cycling?

• Advertisement

I want to thank everyone for responding. The problem seems to have resolved itself. May have just been a small glitch in the system somewhere, but it's working fine now. Lets hope it stays that way.

Advertisement